Home
I caught a bug for one of these.
Really looking for a pre-Garcia and much prefer a .308, but will entertain others since they are rare.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks!

I have a Firearms International L579 Forester Mannlicher, 308 Win. in very high condition that I’ve owned since the early 70’s. There was another almost identical gun walking around at the Allentown Show a couple years ago that I almost bought, but already had one.
Don’t use it, but I really haven’t considered selling it.
Pm sent.
I have a mid 60's Bofors .308 full stock carbine. Have had it for about 25 years. It took a long time to find and I have only seen 1 other for sale and would have bought that one too, but I was a minute too late.

Good luck with your search. Finding a pre 72 Bofors gun will not be easy. Those are the best!
Thanks.

Bump
Up
Hmm, I would have thought there would have been a million of these laying around collecting dust? wink grin

Cash in-hand, or maybe trade bait.
I've got another skeleton stocked .22 mag sitting here.
Btt
Several months ago, I traded into a 1972 .243 carbine. Sweet little rifle. Don't think it had ever been shot before, it was like brand new, not a mark on it. Took it hunting in October and shot a little whitetail spike, 5 days after I had heart surgery. Was the first deer I ever shot with a 243. He was quartering away at about 30 yards. After the shot he took 2 steps and laid down and went to sleep. What do you know, a .243 will actually kill a deer!

As far as my Sako Mannlicher, it will never be for sale. Good luck in finding one. I would love to rebarrel one to 257 Roberts if I can find another nice one.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Really high quality rifles. Mannlicher will make it tougher but worth it when you find one. Good luck with your search.
Thanks, guys. I know it's a tall order.
Just FYI,

There is a Sako AIII in 270, a Sako L579 in .308, a Husqvarna 1640 in 6.5x55 Swede (also Bofors steel, I think), and a Sako AII .243...all with Mannlicher/full stocks...on GB right now. There is also a small herd of other Mannlicher stocked European and American custom rifles of various flavors. None of them are especially great deals AFAIK, but they are really pretty...and me drooling over them is how I know they are there...so if you gotta have one...

Good luck.

K
Thanks. None of those are what I'm looking for.
There's one on GB right now, but it's got a 23-24" barrel, which defeats the purpose.

I'm going to hold out.
Good guy bump!
Originally Posted by j_elky
Good guy bump!

Thanks buddy! How have you been?
All good here. You still holding onto that 338-06 for me?
Yeah, hope you don't mind, but I have it in a mcm ks stock now. More better!
Excellent.....I'll be needing that rifle for a elk hunt I have planned for 2024. Please take good care of it until then!
👍
PM sent on what your looking for in .243.
Jim
Still looking.
up
Pm sent
Still looking.
Bump for a great rifle.......Darrel
Teeder- were you a fan of John Wooters?
Originally Posted by LEADMINER
Teeder- were you a fan of John Wooters?

Yes, but I just really like the looks of these little Sako's.
I did too and always admired his little 308 Sako.
Btt
up
Good luck on your quest. I'm finding my A series acorns.

AII Kokkotuki .308

AV .338
Very nice!
What do they weigh?
Again
Originally Posted by GoWyo
Good luck on your quest. I'm finding my A series acorns.

AII Kokkotuki .308

AV .338

Beautiful guns,

Free bump for OP.
Yeah, good luck with your search.

I bought the only one I’ve ever run across many years ago. A mid 60’s era L579 in .243, for $525.
It never made sense to me in that cartridge/platform, so I sent it off to be rebored to .358win.
It’s been used on several elk, but I’ve never used it on deer.... no reason. Just haven’t.
Nice rifle and it usually gathers several admirers at the range.....
Well, I've run across 3 now in . 243, but they all had 24 inch barrels.
I'm going to hold out for a 20" .308.

I've got trade bait.

1993 Rem 700 SS Mnt rifle in . 280 w/TI stock.
Ruger skeleton stock 77/22 mag.
Marlin 1894 .22 mag.
Not many 1894M's out there, I have one too.
Originally Posted by Teeder
Very nice!
What do they weigh?

The .338 weighs in fully loaded, scoped and with a leather Cobra sling at 9# 3oz.

I'll weigh the AII this weekend.
and the AII weighs in at 8.0# even with 5 rounds of ammo on board.
© 24hourcampfire