Home
Posted By: xtriangle Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Hey Ric,
Why cant we have a simple rule like this in the classified section?
It would sure clean up a lot of garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shamelessly copied from another forum.

Guys.....rules. If you have a problem with a listed price, send the seller a PM, or use the report button. If you report something and it doesn’t disappear, take that as confirmation that the item or post is g2g.

Do NOT crap in the thread. I’m tossing out very short bans instead of the normal 1-2 weeks just to get the point across. If it continues, they will be the longer bans.

If someone wants to pay gouged prices, that’s their business
Don’t like it? Go somewhere else. That’s what makes this place a hoot.
This board is 99.9% self-moderating, and most here seem to like the community that has developed with the very light touch by the site's owner/SYSOP/moderator. The "ignore" functionality is useful for sifting out those you don't want to do business with in the future.
Posted By: JJE2MT Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Sounds pretty simple to me. I think some of us forget that the seller doesn't set the market....the BUYER sets the market. If the price is too high, it won't sell. As long as people are paying exorbitant prices, people will keep selling stuff at those prices. If we all just relax a little bit, stuff will settle back down to reasonable prices and everyone (except those striking it rich in this panic market) will be happy again.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Are you saying you want Ric to set the price!?!?!?
Having less rules rules. Put thread crappers on ignore of you don’t like it. I can just scroll through it all pretty easy.
Yeah, I’m good.
I think the heckling keeps the gougers at bay around here.
best entertainment on the innerweb!

added bonus is you can get a feel for members personalities and honesty.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I think the heckling keeps the gougers at bay around here.

We put Dinny the ginny at bay, he started giving away free stuff away now.
Posted By: EdwardG Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Originally Posted by JJE2MT
Sounds pretty simple to me. I think some of us forget that the seller doesn't set the market....the BUYER sets the market. If the price is too high, it won't sell. As long as people are paying exorbitant prices, people will keep selling stuff at those prices. If we all just relax a little bit, stuff will settle back down to reasonable prices and everyone (except those striking it rich in this panic market) will be happy again.

TRUE
Posted By: WeimGuy Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
I once saw a guy on another forum get locked out for posting in the wrong forum. Just sayin’
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
I for one don't care what they do on other forums.......
Posted By: wink_man Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
The forum is much better, and as good as it is because of being self moderated.

Too many rules has been the downfall of many once good forums to the point almost no one visits anymore.

The more people you have on a board, the more azzholes you will encounter, the ignore button is your friend it it bothers you.
Same with the azzholes who come on here like they own the place with 5 posts wanting to sell at high prices or others that just come to buy because of the current shortage and add nothing to the site, just use the ignore button on them.

Glad it doesn't bother me and I don't have them on ignore, the entertainment is priceless !!!!!
Posted By: RDW Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Y’all are free to go hang out on Accurate Reloading
Sounds like something Zuckerberg would do
Are you asking for more rules??

Life has enough rules. If the price is good it'll sell. If it isn't it won't. Pretty simple.

-Jake
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/06/21
Why is there always some fragile soul that wants a heavier hand here. If you don't like this place, don't log on.
You can always use the ignore feature; it was designed specially for the snowflakes.
I used to hang out at Graybeard Outdoors. I had to leave because I couldn’t afford to pay a lawyer to interpret all of their verkakte rules. Don’t misunderstand, I am not being critical of the original poster, I just don’t like regulation.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
Originally Posted by RDW
Y’all are free to go hang out on Accurate Reloading

I checked last night.

28 members online.

Good luck with your sale!

ya!

GWB
I remember when that was a fun site. Then they purged us from the Small Game Forum and fun died.
Posted By: Tico Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
Originally Posted by xtriangle
Hey Ric,

Guys.....rules. If you have a problem with a listed price, send the seller a PM, or use the report button. If you report something and it doesn’t disappear, take that as confirmation that the item or post is g2g.

Do NOT crap in the thread. I’m tossing out very short bans instead of the normal 1-2 weeks just to get the point across. If it continues, they will be the longer bans.

Anyone with a little class would follow that very first line "send seller a pm" instead of being butt hurt by what someone else wants to ask for "his/her" stuff...
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
People with class hang out here?
Well the point of the post was missed by a bunch of the keyboard warriors.
Don't need more rules just enjoy a group of people with CLASS that can buy and sell!
Grow the hell up like your Momma should have taught you
If you cant say something nice SCROLL ON BY AND STFU its not yours to sell.
Your opinion of what it is worth is just what it is your OPINION nothing more.
To try and beat someone down because you don't agree is just what is happening in this country today.
Cancel culture.......................
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
More rules, more dignity....beginning to sound more like the crowd in Washington D.C.
Who gets to decide who has class?
If you have to ask you don't................
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
How much are you selling that "class" for? I could be in the market😂
[bleep] that.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
I'm conflicted on this issue.
1: reading the responses of people harping on prices is comical.
But
2. If it's my price getting harped on then it pisses me off🤔
However
3. I'm new to this forum and what keeps me coming back is the dialogue both good and bad.

SMELL THAT? IT'S FREEDOM BABY!

That's class!
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
Don't need more rules just enjoy a group of people with CLASS that can buy and sell!
To try and beat someone down because you don't agree is just what is happening in this country today.

Lol. It’s funny you mention SCROLL ON BY AND STFU.....but you started this thin skin cry baby thread.
OP,

Did you get the price for whatever you are selling figured out?

Another thread says “68% of GB” is the rule of thumb.
Wasn't selling a thing.................

Just reading the posts and wondered out loud why a poster would belittle another in a public forum for pricing his wares as he saw fit.

But it sure don't take much to get the warriors going.
IF you want to buy it, buy it.
If you don't, dont.
Nobody cares about your opinion of the seller or his price.

On LRH, whining about prices is a ticket out the door.
Posted By: mtjoe Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
My 10 bucks worth- There are way to many Pussy's on this site! Not you, but the Pretend Conservatives where anything goes. A new Liberal Campfire!!
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister
I used to hang out at Graybeard Outdoors. I had to leave because I couldn’t afford to pay a lawyer to interpret all of their verkakte rules. Don’t misunderstand, I am not being critical of the original poster, I just don’t like regulation.

I quit going to Graybeard years ago for the same reason.
Originally Posted by damnyankee308

Fuggin eh right. Fuuck change.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
[bleep] that.

You really need to up your class and use two letter Us, like this, Fuuck.
Posted By: Mull Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
If I Dont Like Someones Price I Dont Buy It. If I Dont Like How Things Are Run I Leave ..Its Simple Enough...Yet Theirs Always Some One.That Always Thinks They Can Make It Better For All...I've Learned Over The Years..That Most Of The Time , All Mean For Them Selfs...Ive Never Had a Problem Here. Or Else Where For That Matter...
Originally Posted by Mull
If I Dont Like Someones Price I Dont Buy It. If I Dont Like How Things Are Run I Leave ..Its Simple Enough...Yet Theirs Always Some One.That Always Thinks They Can Make It Better For All...I've Learned Over The Years..That Most Of The Time , All Mean For Them Selfs...Ive Never Had a Problem Here. Or Else Where For That Matter...

You'are grammer bad!
Posted By: Bugger Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
I'd like to see what other forums do:
WTB - means - Want to Buy
WTS - means Want to Sell
WTT - means Want to Trade
Posted By: Mull Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
Yea, Guess a Lot Of Things Are Bad On Me.But Most Get The Point..If You Like Things Stay, If Not Leave..Its Not To Hard..To Much Bitching And Moaning In The World Now Days..
Posted By: ringworm Re: Rick why cant we do this? - 03/07/21
Originally Posted by damnyankee308

First reply...spot on.
Hey Ric,

Why not just have Toby and Mark, go and put the perpetrator in stocks, and Beat the hell out of him?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Mull

You'are grammer bad!

Grammar Nazi!

Nobody missed your fuucking point. You talk about class and then post this?
Take your own advise and scroll on by.
© 24hourcampfire