Home
Posted By: ol_mike Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
I know some here are knowledgeable on prices - why is the remington model seven selling for unusually high prices ?

Thanks Mike
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
I don’t but since Remington is reopening maybe it will slow it down a little. Hope they keep their QC in check.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Good question and I was wondering the same thing about.....
Posted By: Berksbowman Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
I personally don’t think that the prices will change too much. It will be like Winchester and the Pre 64 era. Basic economics of supply and demand. The demand far exceeds the supply which drove the price up.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
In my area they bring premium money. One that is beat to schitt with rust pits will bring $500 easy. $750 and up on better shape Perfect sized truck gun
Posted By: bersh Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I know some here are knowledgeable on prices - why is the remington model seven selling for unusually high prices ?

Thanks Mike

Because they're nice rifles, there aren't a lot of them around, and even though Remington resumed production they didn't get many of them made before they shut down.
Posted By: Ogdonia Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
I saw a NIB 260 listed here in PA for 1,895 on pennswoods.

Really hard to believe....

John
Posted By: SAKO270WSM Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by Ogdonia
I saw a NIB 260 listed here in PA for 1,895 on pennswoods.

Really hard to believe....

John

I should list my 260 with ammo then, maybe I could retire for a few months lol
Posted By: harleyguy02 Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I don’t but since Remington is reopening maybe it will slow it down a little. Hope they keep their QC in check.

As of 5 days ago it looks like they DONT have an agreement in place with the union. It could be awhile ( 2022) till we see any more rifles being built.. if it all....

The union is making demands to hire back based on seniority.. that’s one of the many sticking points..
Posted By: 160user Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
There are still deals out there. I bought a wood stocked 7-08 off GB last week for a friends kid and gave $630 shipped for it. I had been looking for quite a while for him but you just need to sort through them all.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
OK thanks - demand kind of thing .

I sold a 1997 SS M7 260 about a month ago for $740 , had Dies/Brass/Base/Rings .

Not long ago a blued gun would sell for around $500 at best .
Posted By: Launchingrounds Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Look at the predator model. Was $425 new not long ago. All variations are up at the moment.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: Model Seven ? - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by Launchingrounds
Look at the predator model. Was $425 new not long ago. All variations are up at the moment.

Good luck with that.
Posted By: gankster Re: Model Seven ? - 03/09/21
I saw that one. Asking and getting is two different things
© 24hourcampfire