Home
Posted By: 160user 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/04/21
I have a nice, clean Stevens 30-30 bolt action for sale. It has a removable magazine, folding rear sight and a receiver sight. It is a cute little gun! Payment by check of any type and the $425 price incudes shipping to your FFL. These made good kids rifles and with the box magazine you can load them with pointed bullets. If you want it post "I will take it" here and follow up with a PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'll take it
Nice looking.
Dang that was fast!! I would like seconds if the sale doesn’t work out.
Posted By: 160user Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/04/21
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'll take it

It is yours. Thank you. SOLD
Posted By: mjac Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/04/21
It isn't just for kids. It's 1:12 twist makes a great cast shooter.
Nice grab!
Posted By: gemby58 Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/04/21
They had one at the flea market i sat up last tuesday, if its there this week its coming home
Just curious, what is the barrel length on this one?
Posted By: 160user Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/04/21
Originally Posted by mjac

They are 20 inches I believe. That peep sight is a hard sight to find too.
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by mjac

They are 20 inches I believe. That peep sight is a hard sight to find too.

Probably a "C" model (and very hard to find) with that sight.

Thanks
Thirds!
That was my first deer rifle...about 1963. My three brothers all started out with it, too. I think the old man shelled out $40 for it off the used guns rack at the corner gas station. Good times!
Looks like it has a barrel nut…… they were ahead of the times.
Posted By: guy57 Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21
Yep, i remember my dad buying ours for 35.00 with the side mount scope mount and a 3 power Weaver with a post from our little local gunshop. Shot my first buck with it. My how things have changed. LOL
Posted By: Oso250 Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21
I gave mine to my nephew a few years ago with a 4 power Weaver.
That rifle has killed lots of game.
I’ve got to chime in too. This exact same gun with the butter knife bolt handle was my first gun ever back in 1987. Killed my first six mule deer with it and it shoots incredibly accurate. I remember going to the public range every year with my dad before deer season and I would just sit at the bench and shoot round after round after round into small groups while guys with their fancy rifles and fancy scopes were all over the place. Every time I see one for sale I think about buying it but I don’t really need two. Thanks for the memory I should break mine out and shoot in a bit. New buyer will be happy.
Posted By: Mesa Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21
Savage has often been "ahead of the times"! That's partly why they are still here a century and a quarter later.
I think I'm gonna rebore it to 38-55, cut the barrel to 16" and ceracoate it flat dark earth. Does anyone make pic rail for this model?
Posted By: mjac Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21
This what I used on my 340, the receiver was factory drilled. Sunoptics.com

Attached picture 5DE37522-FFC0-43ED-8F28-50A005397F53.jpeg
Posted By: shootem Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21
I think I'm gonna rebore it to 38-55, cut the barrel to 16" and ceracoate it flat dark earth. Does anyone make pic rail for this model?

While your at it get a great big glob of some of that green South Carolina cow chit and plop down on top of it and let it dry. That coating would go GREAT with the rest of your plan. You gotta be kiddin man. It ain’t a pre-war Model 54 in Hornet but it deserves better than that. For cryin out loud.
laffin
Posted By: 160user Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/09/21

I want to see the video of when you touch the first one off on the bench and that peep sight is planted firmly in your forehead.
Don't those rifles only have one actuon screw? I always wanted one, but lucked into a M788 .30-30.
Originally Posted by shootem

While your at it get a great big glob of some of that green South Carolina cow chit and plop down on top of it and let it dry. That coating would go GREAT with the rest of your plan. You gotta be kiddin man. It ain’t a pre-war Model 54 in Hornet but it deserves better than that. For cryin out loud.
laffin

LOL!
Feeds power points like butter.
Posted By: 160user Re: 30-30 Bolt action For Sale - 04/15/21
Feeds power points like butter.

So I assume it arrived then?
© 24hourcampfire