Home
C prefix 700 action
22" custom barrel I can't remember what brand
Brown precision kevlar pounder stock
Not sure of the coating either
Chrome moly steel
Standard bdl bottom metal
Standard LOP
I'll have to measure the twist but its probably on the slow side bc its older.
I've had it for years and never done anything with it. I bought it from here. Someone may recognize it.
It has dings and imperfections but I don't believe it has been shot or hunted much. Pretty clean sleek little rifle overall.
I milled the bolt handle when I was doing a batch then cerakoted just the bolt. It had a flake come off the bottom of the bolt not noticeable when it's in the gun.
Weighs 6lb 6oz on my digital fish scales as pictured with talleys and leupold 2.5-8 with m1 and cap.
I love the gun and the way it feels and points just never use it
I thought about taking the stock off and putting it on my ti 7-08 but when I took it apart it was very nicely bedded and I hated to do that.
I'm sure someone here would appreciate it and use it.
I'd trade for stainless smith and wesson or colt revolvers +/- cash or sell the package for $2000 shipped.
I can email more pics

Attached picture 20210407_183006.jpg
Attached picture 20210407_182848.jpg
Oh man sweet package!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Stock trigger?...thx
It is old school stock trigger but very nice
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Oh man sweet package!

💯%
It is a great handling rifle. One of my favorite stocks. The grip is slim and it just points well. I priced it high because I wouldn't mind keeping it but would sell or like to trade for something.
Up for some stainless revolver trades
Tag
Like to have a s&w 648, 617 6", 66 6", 627, 629, 686. Colt 6" stainless python, rem 700 ti 270 or 260, rem 7 or 700 KS, AWR, XCR
Try me on other trades or make an offer if interested. Can add cash or take cash on trades.
Bump
Does the "package " include the rings and scope?
Originally Posted by solrac13
Does the "package " include the rings and scope?

Yes Sir
Bump
Feeling weak.
Can you please check the twist and muzzle diameter?
Bump
Looked back at my old posts and found the original description of when I bought it in 2012. Still no mention of twist I'll have to measure it tonight.

Attached picture Screenshot_20210430-180834_Chrome.jpg
You ever figure out the twist?
I never checked. I'll try to today
Measured it with a brush got 9 then with a patch and got 9 again. Clean now too. Hasn't been shot in almost 10 years. Every time I handle it I think about loading up some ammo for it.
I have the exact rifle. Brown Precision 7-08 with Shilen 22 " barrel. When the nut behind the trigger does it's part with 140 gr TSX's , 5 shots will make a clover leaf. Has taken a lot of WT's from Canada to Arkansas & Texas.
Is the barrel SS that has been coated or is it chrome moly also?
Up
Originally Posted by joshf303
Is the barrel SS that has been coated or is it chrome moly also?

I'm not sure but believe it's chrome moly too
I likes.
Free sweet 7-08 bump
Yeah it's nice. Maybe one day I'll get around to shooting it.
Tag
Looks to be a terrific consolation prize for anyone not able to get their hands on a Fieldcraft in 7-08 before they went away. If I didn’t have one, I might be having this sent to Michigan. Dang nice-looking package here.
© 24hourcampfire