Home
Posted By: Berksbowman A little help please. - 05/10/21
I’m helping my sister in law clean up my deceased brother in laws stuff. He had a Dillon 550 set up with 5-6 caliber heads for reloading. Also has some spare parts. I have zero knowledge of Dillon. She want to sell everything as a set. What is a fair value? She also has 2 Winchester 94 xtrs in 356 and 375, both new in box. She wants to keep one for my nephew. Which one should she keep? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ken158 Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
$500 for quick sell in Dillon stuff and keep both winchesters - or sell both - light and heavy woods gun calibers - $800 plus each
Posted By: 160user Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
I would think the NIB 94's would be in the $1000 range.
Posted By: NYNY Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
I will buy the Dillon for $500 shipped.

Pls PM me.
Posted By: jsgwoodsman Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Pm
Sent
Posted By: BlackBart Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Don't do anything rash with those 94s. While not an expert on them, know enough to know that those NIB big bores should command a premium. Make sure to get a good valuation on them before doing anything.
Posted By: Rackus Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Good advice!
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
In today's market those two Model 94's are worth some fairly big bucks.

One piece of advice - don't gauge their worth by the lowball offer PM''s you'll get from a certain set of folks here trying to grab them to flip immediately.

Here are some Model 94 .375's on gunbroker, note the starting bid for the NIB one at the top of the list and the starting bids for the used ones further down.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/se...75&PageSize=48&Sort=5&View=2
Posted By: ken158 Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Starting price on an auction is a speculation and means nothing until you get a bid.
Posted By: jsgwoodsman Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Berksbowman
I sent a second pm with actual sold prices for both rifles. Hope that helps!
Posted By: HTDUCK Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
https://www.dillonprecision.com/rl-550c-reloader-no-caliber-conversion-kit_8_1_25291.html

https://www.dillonprecision.com/rl-550-caliber-conversion-kit_8_2_23598.html

https://www.dillonprecision.com/rl-550-series-deluxe-quick-change-assembly_8_2_23602.html

Plus whatever die sets are included.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
completed sales on GB run from 750 to 1800 on 375's. pre usrac guns go higher then later guns. as a pair of thumpers unfired yours would get some attention.
Posted By: mrchongo Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by BlackBart
Don't do anything rash with those 94s. While not an expert on them, know enough to know that those NIB big bores should command a premium. Make sure to get a good valuation on them before doing anything.

^^^^^This!^^^^^
Posted By: KLM Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
B4 selling the Dillon make sure you understand the shipping cost as UPS has gone up. When I shipped a 550 it was HEAVY.
I would be interested in the 550 Dillon when you decide on a price.

PM me
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: A little help please. - 05/10/21
Sounds like the Dillon 550 is worth a lot more than $500 probably twice that with the accessories.
Posted By: NYNY Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
"Sounds to me" ---- well then, offer a grand.

Mine is the only solid offer on the table.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
^^^^^^^
NYNY, no need to get defensive. TG is just offering advice. Advice that has been asked for, I might add!

And you don’t know if any other offers have been submitted through PM.

Relax, the Op is trying to help his sister-in-law. We wouldn’t want to short change anyone!
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
For clarity sake - is a “caliber head” a conversion kit, or a toolhead with dies / powder measures? If the latter, you will have absolutely no problem getting significantly more than the public offers currently posted.

Is there anything additional? Toolhead + powder measure + stand (called a quick change - $140.99 EACH) , strong mount ($64.99), bullet tray ($49.99), roller handle ($52.99), completed case cartridge bracket ($29.99), wrenches ($37.99), cover ($24.99), maintenance kit ($37.99), conversion kits ($54.99 EACH), etc. If there are dies, they are easily selling for 2-3x what Dillon sells them for. (Dillon 9mm dies are going for $250 - $300 alone.)

I’d advice to you to get it all in one place, take 15 minutes to search Dillon’s website for each part and price (if I didn’t already provide it above), then multiple that by a percentage you’re (or that she is) willing to take. Post it for sale, then haggle if needed. Heck, you may even be able to sell it at cost or more with ease with the way Dillon stuff gets snagged currently. It will not be hard to sell that press and all the accessories together.

You’re trying to help out family here - don’t take a wash on the stuff just because an offer comes up quick. She could use the dollars, I’m sure. Put it out there for a reasonable price (not top eBay dollars) and you’ll get a buyer in no time.

Or even better, actually, post the whole bundle on eBay and let it go. You’ll lose some from their fees (12-15%?), but you’d still be very well off.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by NYNY
"Sounds to me" ---- well then, offer a grand.

Mine is the only solid LOWBALL offer on the table.

Fixt.
Posted By: GeoW Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
Beware the Scallywag flippers on these classifieds. Even though the item is not been put up for sale you will get some very lowball offers. Beware the forum dealers who do nothing but buy and resell.

g
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: A little help please. - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by Berksbowman
I’m helping my sister in law clean up my deceased brother in laws stuff. He had a Dillon 550 set up with 5-6 caliber heads for reloading. Also has some spare parts. I have zero knowledge of Dillon. She want to sell everything as a set. What is a fair value? She also has 2 Winchester 94 xtrs in 356 and 375, both new in box. She wants to keep one for my nephew. Which one should she keep? Thanks in advance.

Paying a $1000.00 could be a steal, depending on what ( some spare parts ) happens to be. I've been looking to upgrade to a Dillon 550 and $500 isn't anywhere near the value.
© 24hourcampfire