Home
Perhaps the earliest example of A.L. Biesen’s legendary craftsmanship on this Mauser action in .257 Roberts. This is perhaps the holy grail of custom rifles as it might be the earliest rifle ever recorded of Biesen’s work. It is stamped 7-22-1946 and Lacrosse Wisconsin as the town of his residence. This was where he built his first rifles before moving to Washington state. I am asking $6,000.00 for this piece of rifle history. Call me Tim for pictures (813) 714-1172. I am trying to attach but have apple products.

Attached picture 3099287A-D972-440E-A97F-C84BC0213854.jpeg
Attached picture 19DA156D-23EF-4C53-8CDB-7BD21289D447.jpeg
I like it, but I'm just too old to pull the trigger.
donsm70
IMGUR.COM works fine with Apple.

Just curious where $6000.00 came from ?

You might want to ask Poulins or Morphys what they think it would bring at auction.
And with a whopping five posts in seven plus years.
Roger died last year, but Paula lives here in town. She can be reached at 509 954 0763. If anyone knows Al's work.....she'd be the one.
I had a Biesen rifle, should have kept it.
The previous owner called Roger Biesen and spoke with him about the gun some years back., He was told where to look for certain markings and pretty much confirmed it was a Rifle his father had made back home long ago from a 98 Mauser action that was cheap in those days and said the Barrel was probably a JR Buemiller. He said he was going to enter the date in his book and told him that this was the oldest rifle he had heard of from his Fathers early Garage Gunmaking days. But please confirm this if you like I have nothing to hide. I would rather someone see the gun in person. Call me my number is (813)714-1172 or text and I will send all the pictures you want.
© 24hourcampfire