Home
Bought this for my lady friend. One range session and she has since claimed my Kimber Montana 257 Bob as hers! $1300 shipped and insured OR possible trades for smaller chambering for the recoil sensitive. Comes with 1” talleys. Btw PayPal FtoF or add $39 to cover PP fee.
Pics?
Gimme a sec. Just got home from the range. Got to unpack.
It’s the good one fellas. Non fluted bolt. Shoots 130ttsx great too.

Attached picture EFD7AA6D-0E6A-4173-9E7B-FD274AC10827.jpeg
Attached picture 5F297E44-589F-4EEB-8F7E-509330602F3A.jpeg
2 more

Attached picture 4FA60541-B6EE-45C6-8E81-0AC294BAEC09.jpeg
Attached picture 2658E937-4E1B-4B00-B2B9-DB32EEA40B18.jpeg
Didn't mean to rush you. Saw too late that you had just postdd it. That is sweet. Do you know what she weighs?
That’s with Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40. 6 lbs 12.2 ounces

Attached picture CF82A6D6-0398-4116-A062-0E563D2817BE.jpeg
Originally Posted by Tweedyfish
Didn't mean to rush you. Saw too late that you had just postdd it. That is sweet. Do you know what she weighs?

And it’s no rush!

Mine weighs 5lbs 12oz. It’s a stainless fluted bolt model though. Hopefully that helps.
Originally Posted by borden811

Mine weighs 5lbs 12oz. It’s a stainless fluted bolt model though. Hopefully that helps.

That makes sense. 5.12 + 12.6 in scope and 4 on talleys. Puts it just over 6.12
Morning bump
glad this wasn't for sale when i picked up the montana

bump for a good rifle and a good guy.
Damn my favorite bolt action rifle right there!
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

Thanks for the vote of confidence. May end up having Melvin rebarrel it if someone doesn’t but it! Hope all is well.
You have a PM
Originally Posted by longshot3631

Thanks for the vote of confidence. May end up having Melvin rebarrel it if someone doesn’t but it! Hope all is well.

What would you go with?
25-06 JP come on!!!
🤦‍♂️
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

What would you go with?

Probably a long action 284 Win. Had a short and liked it but wasn’t crazy about the barrel length.
👀
The perfect Father’s Day gift for YOURSELF!
So tempting…
Originally Posted by 444Matt
So tempting…

Don’t fight it…
Posted By: ATC Re: FS/FT: Forbes Model 24 270 Win - 06/18/21

Check your math, 5lb 12 oz is actually 5.75lbs. Total weight would be closer to 6 3/4 lbs. Still a nice light rifle.
Originally Posted by ATC

Check your math, 5lb 12 oz is actually 5.75lbs. Total weight would be closer to 6 3/4 lbs. Still a nice light rifle.

Correct. 6 pounds 12 ounces
Originally Posted by ATC

My math works out to 6.75 lbs. Nice rifle no matter how you weigh it.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by ATC

My math works out to 6.75 lbs. Nice rifle no matter how you weigh it.

12 of one, dozen of another.
Originally Posted by ATC

6lbs 12oz is 6 3/4 lbs, no? Last time I checked my math it was anyway. Rough crowd on here!
I didn’t want to point that out, but yeah 12/16 = 3/4 = .75

🤷🏼‍♂️
Where is mathman when you need him? laugh
#commoncore
Ttt
Happy Father’s Day gents.
One time drop. $1250 or $1200 in person. All PMs replied to.
I bought a LH Forbes in 30-06 sent it to Melvin for a new 280 AI barrel and makeover love the rifle.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I bought a LH Forbes in 30-06 sent it to Melvin for a new 280 AI barrel and makeover love the rifle.

Yeah he makes a sweet rig after he rebarreles, rebeds and repaints. I have multiple “poor man’s” NULAs.
I've owned a couple of "poor man" NULAS that I liked better than the real ones. One started life as a 270 that I had Melvin convert to a 7x57. I still regret selling that one!
donsm70
Originally Posted by donsm70
I've owned a couple of "poor man" NULAS that I liked better than the real ones. One started life as a 270 that I had Melvin convert to a 7x57. I still regret selling that one!
donsm70

Don, same here. I have a 338 win mag CLR that literally shoots same hole.
Bump
Sold to a good man from Alaska
Sorry guys I'm new here , and don't mean to hijack the thread, but borden811 is your forbes 270 still available, I saw it on pennswoods. I use to own that rifle. I might be interested in buying it back. Sorry I don't have enough privilege to send you a pm in this forum yet. Just joined yesterday.
Let me know
Thanks
Zach
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Sorry guys I'm new here , and don't mean to hijack the thread, but borden811 is your forbes 270 still available, I saw it on pennswoods. I use to own that rifle. I might be interested in buying it back. Sorry I don't have enough privilege to send you a pm in this forum yet. Just joined yesterday.
Let me know
Thanks
Zach

The post saying "sold" is a hint.
He’s talking about a different rifle I think…
Originally Posted by goalie
Let me know
Thanks
Zach

The post saying "sold" is a hint.

Reading the whole post before you comment would be great. Just a “hint” for you.

I’m not the OP that was selling the Forbes listed on here. I had a different one posted on a local classifieds, which is what Savedbygrace is inquiring about.
Let me know
Thanks
Zach

Had to ask, Have you personally been saved by Gods grace through faith?
© 24hourcampfire