Home
Posted By: 160user 1917 Enfield Stock for sale - 07/11/21
I have what I believe to be a Remington Model 30 Express stock for sale. The pictures show it along side a "Budda'ed" 1917 cut down stock. Great checkering and unaltered to the best of my knowledge. $165 shipped, payment by check of any kind and the first public "I will take this" will own it.

I have been corrected and told this is a custom 1917 Enfield stock. $125 shipped.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That doesn’t look like a 30 stock, but rather a nicely modified military stock.
30 Express never had finger grooves or the deep magazine hump.
Thank you guys! The finger grooves and overall shape are different that the 17 Enfield next to it but the inletting is identical. The model 30 is the only thing I could think of. Apparently someone just spent an enormous amount of time making a '17 stock then. Thanks.
So is the stock on this rifle not correct?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/904216213
I dunno. I reckon we’d have to comb through some old catalogs to be sure.
That one looks correct, absent the belly in your stock. I think you have an Enfield sporterized stock.
Well, I am frequently wrong, and certainly no expert but the magazine belly, twin holes on lower sling attachment, the checkering pattern on the forend, lack of schnabel are red flags to me...the finger grooves, I'm a little wobbly on that, just because I've never seen it doesn't make it to the level of certainty. Your stock and it's a nice job.
And I appreciate everyone's input. I will add it to my barrel on Enfield stocks then. Thanks all.
Originally Posted by 160user
And I appreciate everyone's input. I will add it to my barrel on Enfield stocks then. Thanks all.

Any interest in the custom 1917 Enfield stock before it goes in the barrel? $125 shipped.
$125 shipped.
Last drop, $115 shipped.
This is sold. Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire