Home
I meant to post his here; but, I originally posted it in the Hunters Campfire forum. I tell you that in case a winner is drawn from that forum instead of this one, I don't want anybody thinking I was pulling a fast one. My bad. I am giving away two brand new pair of boots. These were issued to me by the Army before I retired a year and a half ago so I can't in good conscience sell them. If you need them or know someone "in need" who could use them put your name in the hat. If you are interested, let me know and try to specify which pair as one is a 10 1/2 and one is an 11. If you are like me and, depending on boot, may wear either size, if you don't designate and win, you will get whichever size I send to you. I plan to let this run for about 5 days or more. After that, I am going to take everyone's name who expressed an interest and then I'm going to use a random number generator to pick whomever the winners are. I only ask that the winners agree to pay the shipping cost.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice gesture.
Hey all, please don't pm your entry to me. If I end up picking your name and you haven't posted in the forum it looks like I wasn't fair to all.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

Im in for the size 11
I’m in for the11s too. M

sssooo much nicer than the boots of 50 years ago
Nice

Hank
In for either pair. Have a big foot grandson. Thanks for the nice gesture.

Bob
I'm in for the 10.5. My son just got accepted to the ROTC program at William and Mary(Army). These would be great to put on his feet!

Very nice gesture. Thanks!
Unbelievably nice gesture!!. I wear an 11, but if I win, I am going to pass them on to a friend
Thanks for being an awesome human!
Awesome..... Appreciate it sir

Put me in please
Heck yea I’m in for the 11. If I win I’ll have figure a way to pay it forward.Thanks
Thank you Sir for this very kind generous gesture.

Please put my name in the hat for the 10.5R boot drawing. Happy to pay shipping.
Either would fit my kids. Thanks
My son is currently in a 9.5, but he's 13 years old and growing fast. Put me in for either pair. Thank you.
I'd use the size 11. Thanks
Put me in for the size 11. Awesome idea
My twins boys are right at that size. I’m in for either. Thanks!
Nice idea - Either pair - Thanks
Not an entry,just a free bump for a great thing to do.
Well done T
Put me down for the 11’s. Thanks for your service!
Please put me in for the 10.5 boots.
Thanks for your Service!
Not an Entry!
Free Bump
Thanks for the kind words all.

I know I said I would probably keep this up for about five days; but, based on the current interest, I will probably be drawing tomorrow sometime. I don't think I am "shorting" anybody by doing so.
Put me in for the 10.5s

Thanks so much!!

Evan
Thank you for your service to our country and kindness. Please put me in for the 10 1/2 's.
10.5 for me.

Nice gesture.
count me in on the 11’s and thanks for the chance,,,QD
I'd be interested in the size 10 1/2 pair. Thanks
Thanks for the chance on the 11s. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
For one of my grandsons, either size should fit one of them. Thank you.
He's an 11
Thanks
Put me in for the 11's. powdr
In for the 11s. Thanks
Thanks for your service, put me in for the 10.5's.
Many thanks for your Army service. Welcome home, brother. Size 11's if possible.
O.K., I took the total number of entrants and assigned each a number. I put the total number into a random number generator and generated two numbers. The winners are leesway2 and gunzo. Gentlemen, please contact me with your shipping information. Once I ship, sometime this week, I will provide you with the shipping cost.
Well done!
To the winners, I just received a message from a member who wishes to remain anonymous. He sent the following to me, which has been edited to remove his identity per his wishes.

[quote=]Big Sky,
That was a generous offer giving away those new pair of boots.

If you are open to it, I'd like to pick up the tab for the shipping costs, to make this totally free to those receiving them.

I would do this totally anonymous, not looking for credit... just paying forward your good gesture.

Good move on your part...

cheers and best regards[/quote]

So, if the winners will contact me, the tab for shipping has been picked up by one of our regular and esteemed members.
Very cool all around!
Thank You for your Service!! God Bless America and our Troops!! This is what the Fire is all about!!
put me down for 11's , very nice gesture
I'm in for the 11's, please.. thanks
Great gesture and thanks for your service!
I can wear either pair. Should I win, I will donate the money for them to St. Judes. Thanks for your service and just being a general all around good guy.
Were these ever Given Away?

Just Curious, on the nice Gesture.

I don't need them!
posting as of 8-9-21 from Big Sky, pg 2. All done.
Originally Posted by opiewancanobie
posting as of 8-9-21 from Big Sky, pg 2. All done.

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't notice!

Once Again, A Very nice Gesture!!!
© 24hourcampfire