Home
Posted By: Marty_B Russian SKS? - 08/16/21
I've got a chance to buy a Russian SKS for $500. Going to look at it tomorrow morning.
Is it worth it?
They seem to be bringing big money these days, but I don't really keep up with them.

Thanks in advance,
Marty
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Russian SKS? - 08/16/21
Unless something is askew, 500 is a good price.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
Seems to be the going rate though some go for more. The Russians seem to be more sought after.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
I've owned several Chinese, NORINCO, SKS rifles and think that they are useful uility rifles, but there are a lot of other $500 rifles that I'd rather own.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
Also have had a few but seem to sell them and buy gun I can have grandsons hunting with. But in the sandbox kids carry them at about age 7or 8.
Posted By: jsgwoodsman Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
Marty
If it’s all correct and in high condition - $500 is a deal. If it’s in decent shape without major issues - $500 is about the going rate. If it’s rough and “bubba’d” - $500 is too much.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Unless something is askew, 500 is a good price.

Yep
Posted By: Marty_B Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
Thanks for the replies so far.
He's a friend that I've dealt with many times before. He may take a little less, but I'll know more tomorrow. I don't need it for hunting as I have more than I need for that. It would be just a toy. Looked at Gunbroker and they seem to go for about 750 and up. Some a little less, but not much, some up to $1000. He did say that the rear housing was the only part that the numbers didn't match. Knowing him the rifle will be in good condition.

Any more input will be appreciated,
Marty
Posted By: jmssi Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
the Russians are machined parts not stamped, hence the premium...
Posted By: jmssi Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
that's a good price
Posted By: Marty_B Re: Russian SKS? - 08/17/21
well, I bought it this morning. The rear cover and magazine numbers don't match, but everything else does. It's in real good condition with the cleaning kit in the stock.
Picked it up for $450, so I'm happy.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Russian SKS? - 08/19/21
You got a steal.The Norinco Chink ones are going $600.00 and up.
Posted By: Illurian00 Re: Russian SKS? - 08/19/21
Big thing about the Roosians,,, : threaded barrels.
Now ; stripper clips.
Oh, for the days of 7.62x39 for $99...
© 24hourcampfire