Home
Needing to seek this Charlie Sisk built Winchester Model 70 in 338 Win Mag. Hate to sell it, but have some other projects coming due and can’t keep them all.

I didn’t have this built, so I’m not certain on the history to my buying it. I can say I have shot it around 20 times between sighting in and a little bit of hog hunting. Shoots very well and is very comfortable to shoot despite being relatively lightweight for a 338.

Stainless Model 70 classic NH action. 13.5 LOP. 7# 4.6oz
24” barrel Looking for $2100

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s very nice.
Do you know if that’s a brown?
I believe it is, but can’t remember for certain.
To answer some questions I’ve gotten, the barrel is long enough that you can cut the compensator off and still have 21-22” of barrel and can thread the barrel there. That was actually a plan I had in mind for the rifle.

Open to any offers or trade offers as well, but check out page 3 of the best custom rifle builders thread to see some discussion of how nice Charlie Sisk builds these rifles. Link to that. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16363682/3
To the top
Up to the top
I wish I needed a 338, I'd buy this. The parts and excise tax are more than the asking price.
Charlie
+1 for a great rifle, I’ve handled this particular one and it’s beautiful. Seller is A+ as well!
Originally Posted by Keechi_Kid
To answer some questions I’ve gotten, the barrel is long enough that you can cut the compensator off and still have 21-22” of barrel and can thread the barrel there. That was actually a plan I had in mind for the rifle.

Open to any offers or trade offers as well, but check out page 3 of the best custom rifle builders thread to see some discussion of how nice Charlie Sisk builds these rifles. Link to that. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16363682/3

Yep, though not in the class of this fine Sisk rifle, years back i bought a classic stainless 338 WM with Boss brake, had my 'smith cut threads and recrown, iirc the barrel was 21.5 inches, worked up a load with H-4350 under the 250gr Partition at 2700 fps, the old buddy i sold that rig to has been happily killing everything in Africa, Alaska, Canada and here in the U.S. GLWTS on a fine rifle.
Let me see your quality 40mm objective scopes for trade. Something like an S&B Summit.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Keechi_Kid

Yep, though not in the class of this fine Sisk rifle, years back i bought a classic stainless 338 WM with Boss brake, had my 'smith cut threads and recrown, iirc the barrel was 21.5 inches, worked up a load with H-4350 under the 250gr Partition at 2700 fps, the old buddy i sold that rig to has been happily killing everything in Africa, Alaska, Canada and here in the U.S. GLWTS on a fine rifle.

Pretty nice rifle. Would be perfect for an elk hunting rig. Minus the brake.. I'd cut that off..
Damn right buddy, cut, re-crown, go forth and slay anything up to Elephant. cool

TTT
Back up
Tag
donsm70
Good luck with the sale. A darned fine looking 338.
Damn fine rifle!
Bump to the top
Originally Posted by Charlie_Sisk
I wish I needed a 338, I'd buy this. The parts and excise tax are more than the asking price.
Charlie

Wish I needed it too.

Free bump.
To the top
To the top
To the top. Don’t be afraid to make an offer.
Bump
Going to bump this back up and see what happens.
To the top
Willing to entertain trade offers or partial trades. Mausers, Winchesters, S&W and Ruger revolvers. Lots of things can catch my eye.
Back up for sale.
Geez, I'm surprised this did not sell before. I remember seeing it last year and it is a fine rifle. If I didn't already have one, I'd consider it. I'm sure it shoots real well. Keechi, any info regarding how it shoots? I've heard Mr. Sisk does some nice work ,but a little confirmation on how she shoots sure wouldn't hurt.. What pills did you try in it? Stock looks like a Brown Precision, maybe even a PoundR at that weight. Mine is more than a 1/4 pound lighter, but is a pre 64 with aluminum bottom metal, which may account for the weight difference. The ergo's on that stock really help to mitigate recoil, even on a lightweight magnum. When you bought the rifle, did you get any specs with it, like what stock it is exactly? What barrel did he use? That kind of info goes a long ways..
bsa, sorry I didn’t see your message. I don’t know the specs beyond what I posted. I haven’t really shot it enough to really speak to accuracy. I was primarily playing with 286 gr ELD’s in it. Shot it just enough to have it sighted in with a load I put together for those bullets. I recall it grouping well and sighting in easily, but never really shot for a true measurable group.

I can agree with your assessment of the stock and it’s ergonomics. I was a bit scared of this rifle as my first 338 and it being so light, but it is really easy to shoot and not harsh recoil at all.
Price drop to $1900
© 24hourcampfire