Home
WTS a Browning BLR Lever Action in .308 manufactured in 1976. It has been in my safe for over 20 years and is in excellent shape as the pictures will show. This has the steel receiver and a 20" barrel. Bluing is excellent. Comes with one magazine.

I am looking for $1300 for the rifle, and if the buyer wants the Leupold Gloss Vari-X III 1.5-5 scope with rings and bases I would sell everything for $1500, Face to Face in South Florida. I would ship with insurance to your FFL for $50. I am not interested in any trades.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1698.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1699.jpg
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1700.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1702.jpg
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1703.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1704.jpg
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1705.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1706.jpg
[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1707.jpg
Is that one made in Japan?
Correct, its made in Japan
Wow really nice.
Very nice. PM inbound.
Yes, Very nice.
I've got its twin brother, scope too....
I like it.
I mounted a Leupold 2-7 on mine after I saw that it shot like a bolt gun with just open sights.
I've never heard of a bad one either.

GLWS.
if I am not mistaken I believe the extended clip version is made in Belgium.
Originally Posted by LJD2
if I am not mistaken I believe the extended clip version is made in Belgium.

There were some made when they first transitioned to Miroku. I have a '79 ('pre' '81) in .358 Win. that looks just like that. It was made in Japan too.
I had a 308 BLR that I have since passed onto my son. Between he an I that gun has accounted for more big game than any gun I have ever owned.
I have one of these in .358 Win and it is a tack driver. One thing to be aware of is the magazines for these early guns. IF you can find one you will have to pay between $200 to $300 dollars to purchase. Just sayin'.
I have a very similar looking one manufactured in Belgium. Consistently puts 3 shots touching at 100 yds.
I have a very similar looking one manufactured in Belgium. Consistently puts 3 shots touching at 100 yds.
Originally Posted by 99guy
I had a 308 BLR that I have since passed onto my son. Between he an I that gun has accounted for more big game than any gun I have ever owned.

I had the same gun for many years. 308 BLR's is good stuff.
Very Nice Rifle.
Originally Posted by foureyes4
I have one of these in .358 Win and it is a tack driver. One thing to be aware of is the magazines for these early guns. IF you can find one you will have to pay between $200 to $300 dollars to purchase. Just sayin'.

I have seen them go much higher. For as much as they go for, I keep waiting for someone to offer them aftermarket or new oem.

I have the identical rifle in 358. Years ago, after a long day of tracking in fresh snow, I went to release the magazine, which proceeded to fall through cold hands into about 12" of fresh snow. Damn near froze my hands trying to find it. Had to go to my truck several times to warm up. Kept thinking of how hard it would be to find replacements. A word of caution: Be careful buying used ones. I got taken on one off an auction site. The feed lips had been altered, and it didn't feed reliably in my 358. Luckily I came across a
good seller who offered a fair deal on 2 of them right here on 24 HCF.
TTT
I had one in 358 with two magazines. The guy that bought that rifle didn’t want the second magazine. I had that second magazine on my table at a gun show. Another dealer came over - boy was he pissed. He had one on his table for $350.
nice looking lever gun
TTT
TTT
Up
Damn. That’s one fine setup.
SPF to 444Matt, thanks.
© 24hourcampfire