Home
Brand new Colt Light Rifle just back from Melvin Forbes for his total package. It is 7mm Rem Mag with brake. His stock, timney trigger and all his internal parts.

CLR barrel, timney trigger and brake was threaded so should be removable.

Only 7 rds fired. Rifle was NIB when sent to him. I tried those 7 rds and he may have fired 1 to test. Bolt face shows no marks or wear as shown in pic

Talley 1" rings weight is just over 6 lbs

My orthopedist says no more mags for my neck even with a brake. It has to go.

$2100 shipped to your FFL

Not really interested in trades but you never know

Attached picture CLR1.jpg
Attached picture CLR4.jpg
More pics

Attached picture CLR5.jpg
Attached picture CLR3.jpg
PM inbound
Is the brake removable?
CLR barrel?
CLR barrel and brake was threaded on. Just have not tried to remove it.
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
CLR barrel and brake was threaded on. Just have not tried to remove it.

Ok I didn’t know it was a CLR barrel. Thanks and GLWS!
6 lb 6 oz exact weight with talley rings bases as seen
LOP is 13 3/4
$2000
BTT
Yes the brake is removable.
buyer has first rights at dies and brass
I can't believe this rifle is still here.
BTT
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight

if it had the Douglas barrel it probably wouldn't be, but with a colt barrel its a tad high in my opinion. glws
Originally Posted by ilikeguns

if it had the Douglas barrel it probably wouldn't be, but with a colt barrel its a tad high in my opinion. glws

No probably because I would have bought it! Lol
BTT
BTT
$1900
Bounty- did you sell this rifle?
Originally Posted by longshot3631
Originally Posted by ilikeguns

No probably because I would have bought it! Lol
True story.
If I was typing slow. smile

All of a sudden that price looks very reasonable! laugh
Originally Posted by Mtdogdreams
Yes.....
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/forbes-colt-light-rifle-7mm-rem-mag.234839/

Mtdogdreams,

I have a stock CLR 7 mag that I considered sending to Mr. Forbes for a makeover but ended up going a different route. If you'd like info on it but can't PM yet, post your email address here and I'll email info to you and give you first choice on it.

JCM
I have a CLR in 7Mag also but it shoots so good I would not send it to Mel to rework.
Originally Posted by BooBear
I have a CLR in 7Mag also but it shoots so good I would not send it to Mel to rework.

I've heard this about a lot of the CLR's.

I was thinking of having him turn it into a 6.5 PRC with the stock/upgrades....light rifle with plenty of room in the mag box to play.
JCMCUBIC ,
If you have a CLR 7 mag your looking at selling I am interested if Mtdogdreams isn’t. My email is [email protected]. Thank you
I'll give Mtdogdreams a few days to respond then I'll work my way through the list of folks who've already contacted me in the order they contacted me. Several have already contacted me.
Fwiw guys I did talk to Melvin sometime back and he did say the barrels weren't bad. Bi have three girls all with clrs in 270. They did have issues with the firing pin springs, but a local Smith put remington springs in them and no issues since. Melvin did say it wouldn't work, but it seems to. Other than that, id still like to have Melvin do the conversion to add his "stank" to it. My thoughts are, if he thought they were total junk, he probably wouldn't do his thing to the colts at all.
JCMCUBIC - thanks for your consideration, I’ve got a 7 mag with Melvin now and think that’s enough for the time being.
JCMCUBIC - thanks for your consideration, I’ve got a 7 mag with Melvin now and think that’s enough for the time being.

Yes sir. Glad you got what you need.
© 24hourcampfire