Home
I am selling two excellent condition stainless Tikka T3X rifles. First is a 243. I bought it off the used rack at a local shop and know nothing about its history. When I inspected and bought it, the rifle looked to be unfired. I only fired forty 55 grain reloads which were loaded for another rifle and it displayed typical Tikka accuracy. I need $650 shipped and insured for the bare rifle with one magazine. The second is a 270 that I bought new. It has only fired reloads I had worked up for the custom 270 I had previously. I fired 80 of those and it too displayed the typical Tikka accuracy. I need $650, bare rifle, for this one too. Someone is going to ask: "Hey Big Sky, what do you consider typical Tikka accuracy?". Well, I consider "typical Tikka accuracy" to be a rifle that displays the potential to shoot sub moa (sub 1 inch) groups at 100 yards, in my hands. I was able to shoot numerous sub 1-inch 3-shot groups with both rifles. I don't think I ever had a three shot group from either of these rifles shoot over 1 1/4. I do know that I have shot several five-shot groups that were at/around 1 1/2 inch; but, I think that is a reflection of my shooting skills, or lack thereof. Please note that all of these groups I've referenced were with hand loads that were worked up for other rifles.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I will take the .243
The 243 is sold to and pending payment from venado_hunter.

The 270 may be sold. I have committed to holding it until later today for another buyer who is a first time online gun buyer I am helping through the process. He is understandably nervous so I'm trying to assist him. I tell all this so that nobody posts an "I'll take it" and then later claims I yanked the rug out from under them or did not play fair.
The guy for whom I was holding the 270 has committed to buying it. They are both, therefore, sold pending receipt of funds.
© 24hourcampfire