Home
New or used any help would be great thanks
What is bdm?
Never heard of that either
I have a BAR in 308 that is an early one, made in Belgium. Not a collector but is accurate and reliable
Browning Mk3 DBM maybe? Like this?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910879399
Yes it’s the new one with 18 inch bbl. threaded muzzle
Posted By: RLA Re: Wtb browning bar bdm .308 wood - 10/18/21
I have a new in box BAR 308 MK3 in synthetic stock if that would work

I think he meant dbm (detachable box magazine.}
Originally Posted by modotman
Yes it’s the new one with 18 inch bbl. threaded muzzle

Current production guns have a fluted barrel, not threaded. If you look at some of the photos, but not closely enough, it looks like a thread protector, but it's just the unfluted end of the barrel.

They are positioning this as a 50-state legal firearm, so they avoid any "evil" features. Some jurisdictions regard threading as evil, although as I understand it, that's only the case in CA for handguns. I assume that's the reason there are no new-production 20-round mags available, only 10-rounders. During the peak of the pandemic, the 20-round FNAR mags were going for >$300 each. They've settled in at just ~$100/ea for now.

The FNAR is the same basic (or very similar) gun and could be had with a threaded barrel in some variants, I believe. But the pic rail bolted to the top of the receiver was a crap show, and you need to replace the buttstock with a BAR Stalker butt stock. The new BAR Mk3 DBM is better in several ways. The pic rail sections machined directly to the top of the receiver are an excellent upgrade.

PM sent
© 24hourcampfire