Home
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Pre Model 27,.357 Magnum, 6 ½”Blue Circa 1955
I have a factory letter (with copy of original invoice) on this one. Factory Letters now cost $100 when you can get them. This gun shipped from the factory in February of 1955 to J.S. Oshman Co., Houston, Texas.
The revolver is very fine condition with a few spots of bluing missing and a few scratches. This one has enough handling marks so you don’t have to worry about taking it to the range and shooting the gun. These Pre-27s all have cylinder turn lines, some more pronounce than this. It has great original walnut Magna grips serial numbered to the gun. A bit of a smudge and some tiny freckling under the grip on the off-side that shows up in the close-up photo. These have the nicest Carbonia bluing of any S&W, IMO and I would rate this as having 95%.
While not priced as high as Pythons, I think them as higher quality in fit, finish and function. Ask questions if you have them. A revolver you can be proud to own. I shot it last week with factory magnum loads and it's a handful but fun to shoot; 25 yards plum-center. In my opinion, these early post-war guns show the best combination of pre-war quality manufacture and post-war innovations such as improved adjustable sights, and safety block.
FFL to FFL or C&R, Postal Money Orders, or Bank Draft, check with me for other arrangements. Fairly priced at $1750+35 Priority Mail Ship Insured. Please contact Steven Dodd Hughes at: [email protected] or PM. Serous inquiry please call 406-222-9377
What a beautiful revolver.
Tag
donsm70
Just Awesome

Hank
Yes it is!
Sweet !!!
Oh my that is beautiful
Very nice. GLWS.
Thanks for all the accolades, but wouldn't one of you like to buy this six gun?
It looks great, shoots great and is a good investment~~
Awesome. Free bump.
I would. It's not the lack of money but the wrong gun laws on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Full moon last night, the Hunter's Moon!
Thanks for the offers, but I'm not interested in trades at this time.I would for one time only, reduce the price by $50 to $1700+35 ship/insur.
Let's have another look~~~~
Bump~~
Pre-bump~~
TAG
This is the larger N Frame Smith & Wesson .357 magnum
It is the post -war version of the Registered Magnum and one of the finest revolvers S&W ever made!
bump
**SOLD**
Thanks~~
Thank goodness!
donsm70
© 24hourcampfire