Home
Just got this gun in on a trade. Its a Savage Mod. 24V series C. 222 Rem. over a 20 Ga 3 inch Mag. The gun is in very good condition. This is a good (put meat on the table) gun. Good gun for Turkey hunting, camping, survival/prepper gun. $650.00 shipped to your FFL from an individual. [img]http://[/img][Linked Image]

Attached picture S24V-1x.jpg
savage 24V [img]http://[/img][Linked Image]

Attached picture S24V-2x.jpg
Savage 24V [Linked Image]

Attached picture S24Vx.jpg
is that a scope rail on the barrel? Thanks
That is a base for a scope base to mount to and came from the factory that way.
The gun takes a Weaver #74 scope base.
Yes wink man is correct.
Originally Posted by jc189
Yes wink man is correct.

Thanks... nice coyote gun..... any trade interests?
not at this time, I just bought a $750 leupold vx5 hd on here about an hour ago that I need to pay for. But thanks for looking and the offer
Price drop $625.00
I'll take it.
I'm surprised it lasted this long.
SPF to BRoper
I have the same one and it loves the Hornady 50gr Superfomance round FYI.
I had one with a steel tube Weaver. I killed more stuff with that thing.
Good snag. I sure enjoy mine with original Savage scope riding on top.
I have 50 gr. V-max bullets and Superformance powder I will give them a try.
Great snag. I love mine but wore out the extractor and impossible to find a replacement.
Good buy. You will love it. I love all of mine, but have never gotten a .222. My 30-30/20 gives me options. Still want one of the later .308/12ga midels though. They were Valmet made for Savage though so not a true 24, but a 2400.
Great buy!
Originally Posted by MPat70
Great snag. I love mine but wore out the extractor and impossible to find a replacement.

I made an extractor for my 22lr/20 ga from a bolt, using a file and Dremel. Took a couple hours, but worth it!
i also purchased a 222 / 20 gauge this summer, but i decided because 222 Rem.ammo is so hard to find and i wanted my son to have simple way of buying ammo because he never has had much interest in reloading , so i rechamber this o/u into a 223-556 / 20 gauge rifle shoots just fine.
What a great idea. There's lots of 223/556 ammo available everywhere. If the [bleep] really hits the fan. I think you will always be able to get 223/556. After reading all the posts in this thread I almost wish I didn't sell it. But the new owner should be happy with it. Really like the rechamber idea.
l
Originally Posted by jc189
What a great idea. There's lots of 223/556 ammo available everywhere. If the [bleep] really hits the fan. I think you will always be able to get 223/556. After reading all the posts in this thread I almost wish I didn't sell it. But the new owner should be happy with it. Really like the rechamber idea.

Just go buy you one that came in .223. I have a .223/20ga with a composite stock. You see them pop up for sale.
Nice drilling.
I have the exact same one I bid in a local auction, unfired. (Until it go to me)
I built 300 rds of .222 ammo for it.

I put a 73 rail and red dot on it and it's now in a case in the back seat of my truck as a 'bug out' survival gun.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
I'm sure I will like it. I've wanted one for years.
© 24hourcampfire