Home
Both are CMP service grade.

Springfield is a LEAD-Letterkenny Arsenal rebuild according to the marking on the receiver. That arsenal was well known for putting out some of the best rebuilds. T+E readings: 1/1+ 1650.00 shipped
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

HRA is your standard service grade gun. Has original rack markings. T+E readings: 2+/3+ 1625.00 shipped
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Nice!
Wow, they ship with much nicer cases these days.
Warpig,

What's a T&E reading?

Thanks,

Jerry
TE and ME are throat erosion and muzzle erosion readings used to gauge wear on the rifle
Originally Posted by Certifiable
TE and ME are throat erosion and muzzle erosion readings used to gauge wear on the rifle

And those are very good numbers. IIRC.
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Certifiable

And those are very good numbers. IIRC.

Correct on both accounts
100.00 of original prices
UP
Damn nice, love the ping sound.
125.00 off original prices
Tag
Dang, I just bought a 10mm Dan Wesson Bruin. That is a serious battle rifle and I love the ping. In 1965 prior to shipping out to the Tonkin Gulf I was in boot camp in San Diego. We were shooting at 200 yards and luckily the rifle was zeroed for my eyes before I picked it up. I lucked out and hit the bullseye on the first shot. Came in second out of about 500 guys. Had to shoot to clips at rapid fire because target setter screwed up resetting my target and I was running out of time.

Guy that beat me was NRA trained and sought me out for a handshake and said "good shooting".

My Dad and four uncles carried that rifle into battle in Germany, Italy and the Philippines where Uncle LeRoy was killed.

Anyway, I hijacked another thread. Some one buy this rifle, I am so tempted......
I'll take the Springfield on the terms of our emails.

Thanks, Dinny
Springfield is sold.
1475.00 on the HRA
I always wanted an H&R but was never in the right place at the right time. This is a beautiful rifle in a very traditional sense. Whoever gets it will be a proud M1 Garand owner. Bragging rights included. Good luck on the sale.

kwg
My DCM pre-cmp M1 is a LEAD, built to new. At that time it was a 1-2 year wait, and only one M1 per lifetime. Army actually sold them.
bump
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
Dang, I just bought a 10mm Dan Wesson Bruin. That is a serious battle rifle and I love the ping. In 1965 prior to shipping out to the Tonkin Gulf I was in boot camp in San Diego. We were shooting at 200 yards and luckily the rifle was zeroed for my eyes before I picked it up. I lucked out and hit the bullseye on the first shot. Came in second out of about 500 guys. Had to shoot to clips at rapid fire because target setter screwed up resetting my target and I was running out of time.

Guy that beat me was NRA trained and sought me out for a handshake and said "good shooting".

My Dad and four uncles carried that rifle into battle in Germany, Italy and the Philippines where Uncle LeRoy was killed.

Anyway, I hijacked another thread. Some one buy this rifle, I am so tempted......

1Ak,
Send me that Bruin and I’ll send you the $1475 you need for the HRA. 😉
1425.00 on the HRA
Tag

Great seller here
1400.00 on the HRA
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Tag

Great seller here

Thank you sir
I took one of my Springfields to the range today to dial it in. Nothing shoots like an M1 Garand.

kwg
Is the HRA still available?
still have it
bump
© 24hourcampfire