Home
Posted By: Nate40 Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Maybe a long shot but i have a Leupold vx-3i 1.5-5 in excellent condition, looks like a milldot style retical. Very clear scope but want something with a little more power and would like to try to trade for a 2.5-8 leupold or something similar. If interested please pm me. Thanks

Attached picture D2295BA5-DBC5-48A6-AB77-CCCEEEA4CA8F.jpeg
Attached picture 2A169449-0F9C-41FE-8CC8-5A74F2412E70.jpeg
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Let me see when I get home tomorrow night.
Might have what you need and need a low power
Posted By: Moose_HNTR Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Sending a PM
Posted By: Moose_HNTR Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
I guess I can’t send a PM, send me one, I’ll trade you out.
Posted By: MarkOue Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by Moose_HNTR
I guess I can’t send a PM, send me one, I’ll trade you out.

One needs 20 posts to activate their PM capability. Keep posting...
Posted By: mjac Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Leupold VX-II 3-9x40, matte, Duplex ?
Posted By: HarleyHutch Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
I'm guessing being a Mildot reticle it a matte finish? I'm looking for gloss.
Posted By: Nate40 Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Up for pics
Posted By: Vasquez956 Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
Sorry OP but I believe you have a fake Leupold.
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: Leupold trade - 11/25/21
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think a call to Leupold with the serial # will answer that .
Posted By: Nate40 Re: Leupold trade - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Sorry OP but I believe you have a fake Leupold.

Well that doesn’t sound good, What makes you think its fake?
Posted By: Vasquez956 Re: Leupold trade - 11/26/21
That particular reticle combined with that magnification range was a common leupold fake.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Leupold trade - 11/26/21
A simple call or email to Leupold CS with the SN will confirm whether it's a fake or if the reticle has been changed.
Posted By: Nate40 Re: Leupold trade - 12/01/21
Called leupold, you guys were right its a fake. Guess the only honest thing to do is mount it on something and see how good it holds up. To be a fake it’s actually very clear
Posted By: Single_Shot Re: Leupold trade - 12/01/21
These are actually for sale on eBay for about $80 néw. If I was Leupold, I’d own eBay by now. They permit counterfeit Leupolds to be sold by the thousands each year. Even if the original buyer knows they are fake, they can easily be sold to unsuspecting folks. There’s even YouTube videos of counterfeit Leupold unboxing and reviews. I’ve talked to Leupold when I got snookered on a 4-5-14x50 VX-3i last year. It’s obvious they know about it but it seems like eBay just won’t address it. There are other sites too I guess.

Strangely the videos say they are actually decent performers and could compete at the $100-150 price range on their merits. Too bad they have to steal Leupold’s name.
Posted By: 338reddog Re: Leupold trade - 12/01/21
Almost got took earlier this year. Price to good to be true, asked a few questions and verified they (2) were fake. Guy acted
Like he was surprised. I felt he knew
Jeff
Posted By: Single_Shot Re: Leupold trade - 12/01/21
Mine was on Mercari. I wasn’t real sure, but they have a 3 day inspection. I called Leupold and confirmed fake and was forced to return it to the seller at no charge.

Seller acted shocked. Seller then relisted item under a different ID from the same little town in Kentucky. Price was good enough to bite but not so low as to obviously be fake.
© 24hourcampfire