Home
Very good condition. A couple of dings in wood and metal as shown. Replacement front sight was on it when I got it. I have never fired it.

Early 1962 carbine 4-digit serial number. Bore looks excellent to me. No box or papers. $1035 $985 shipped lower 48 from individual (non-licensee) to FFL or C&R license holder. No trades please.

PM me with any questions or pic requests. I'm in Lubbock, TX. USPS MO, Personal Check with time to clear, or paypal F&F.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
These are great carbines. I just had mine out shooting last weekend. It makes me smile everytime I pull the trigger. I just wish Ruger made them in 357 Mag and 45 Colt.

Thanks, Dinny
Thank you. That's my wish also. Only reason I'm selling is because I just bought a Turnbull 1892 in 44 Mag.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Thank you. That's my wish also. Only reason I'm selling is because I just bought a Turnbull 1892 in 44 Mag.

Nice, my son likely worked on the Turnbull gun
Is this a legal firearm for Minnesota slug zones?

Any one know?

Thanks
One of our clubs favorite rifles for hunting bear with hounds. Only problem with this one is it’s in too nice condition to drag thru a laurel thicket.

Somebody better snag this one before I make room in the safe.
Originally Posted by Red_spruce
One of our clubs favorite rifles for hunting bear with hounds. Only problem with this one is it’s in too nice condition to drag thru a laurel thicket.

Somebody better snag this one before I make room in the safe.

They are made to hunt, a few scratches won't hurt em.
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Any one know?

Thanks

Last time I checked, no. But it's been a few years and things may have changed after I moved a state south.
I...will.......not....purchase....I.....will....not.....purchase....
Agreed. These carbines are indestructible. Got a buddy that has carried his HARD for 30 plus years of bear running. All the finish and blue is worn off and I’ve seen it fall of a 30’ cliff. Still big medicine for black bear.
I have one of these as well, great little rifle and you don't see them as often as you once did.
That's cool! I have no use for it, but I still want it. Kitchen remodel has killed the fun gun funds right now. frown
Love these rifles! I have a 1968 myself! GLWS!
257Heaven is a great guy to do business with !
Tag
tag
Pm sent...
Tag
Both of my sons killed their first couple of deer with this exact rifle. Mounted a basic 4x scope and rifle is very accurate at 100 yds with Hornady ammo
Sold to atvalaska pending receipt of funds. Thank you, sir!
Oh thank God. I kept checking back thinking I should buy that.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Several 1962's sold recently on gunbroker for more. But I didn't want to go that route. It's a great rifle.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Same. This one was just outside if my “target list”
Seconds please
Bingo! 4000 miles to a new home ! Woowho ! blush
I kept looking at this post trying to justify why I needed it.
iI will take it jd 731 803 0094
Originally Posted by jde
iI will take it jd 731 803 0094

Originally Posted by 257heaven
Sold to atvalaska pending receipt of funds. Thank you, sir!
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
I kept looking at this post trying to justify why I needed it.

i kept looking, knowing i don't need it. but i sure wanted it! just couldn't sneak enough grocery money out!
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Any one know?

Thanks

It is not. Minnesota slug zone is shotgun with slugs, muzzleloader or pistol only.
Agreed. These carbines are indestructible. Got a buddy that has carried his HARD for 30 plus years of bear running. All the finish and blue is worn off and I’ve seen it fall of a 30’ cliff. Still big medicine for black bear.

I bought one that looked almost new.. took it apart to clean an check an the trigger housing assembly was broke.. I am still looking for a trigger housing assembly.
Lol... u know how I found this gun for sale ?.... I was 11 years back in my posts......while reading one of my old posts..... I clicked on some names to see if they were still around.... no ...no ...no ...then 257 came up .... there was this post ad .....I checked the date !! Holly cow ! Score !...lol
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Lol... u know how I found this gun for sale ?.... I was 11 years back in my posts......while reading one of my old posts..... I clicked on some names to see if they were still around.... no ...no ...no ...then 257 came up .... there was this post ad .....I checked the date !! Holly cow ! Score !...lol

That's awesome 👌 . You won't regret this purchase. They are.fine guns. My wife surprised me with one back in '82. I always smile when I use it.
Got it ! Looks in fine condition ! Big shout out to 257heaven ! Thanks..... I did here it say ...WTH.... when I tossed it in the truck i...t's below zero here !
Glad it got there safe. Hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas!!
Originally Posted by Jeremy783

I bought one that looked almost new.. took it apart to clean an check an the trigger housing assembly was broke.. I am still looking for a trigger housing assembly.

There is a father/son gunsmith combo in the northeast who specialize in these rifles. Last I spoke to them they had a way to repair those broken trigger housings. Maybe someone here can remind is both who those smitis are.
OK I ran a wad of my 270HL that I use on moose and bear.... flawless! And it shoots where I aim it rite out the box !......I see good times ahead once this 30below chit leaves...
© 24hourcampfire