Home
I’ll post what he has as I see it.

I know he has a blue/wood 375 Ruger with Ammo.

Colt trooper with original box, 98-99% condition. Might be unfired.

Colt officers target 22 revolver worn finish

Interarms Mauser 9mm German Luger. NIB with papers.

Anyone interested, I can get details.
If he has any short Blackhawk 44 mags let me know
What model trooper? Mk V had the ribbed barrel I believe.

No, happy camper, not ribbed for your pleasure but a python style barrel rib.
Pm me details on the Trooper please.
All, Pictures posted

We need help determining value.

Is it fair to say I'll be looking for input on fair prices until this time tomorrow, and then post prices tomorrow night?

Or make an offer and I'll present them to him tomorrow night?

His Uncle was a collector of sorts. He and his Aunt have no idea that these are worth, and I offered to help.

Help me to find a fair way to do this, as I'm in the middle and just trying to help his 80+ year old Aunt out.
David I don’t see the pictures
9mm Luger

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Colt Trooper

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Trooper looks nice, I'd like a price when you have one.
The Officer's Model Target 22LR does not have a box, and is in rougher shape.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LCH Re: Friend’s uncles estate sale - 01/02/22
I would like to know a price on the officers model 22lr,it does look a little rough but I want it for other reasons
Thanks
Houston
I got $283 for that Trooper in the box
You funny GI
Well. Make a deal
Price on the officers model 22?
Prices on the officers model 22 are all over the place and I’m having a hard time finding one in similar condition to compare with.

Serial number makes it a 1949 manufacture.

Originally Posted by 9Legend
Price on the officers model 22?
Tag for prices later.
Posted By: LFC Re: Friend’s uncles estate sale - 01/02/22
I'm not interested in buying the .22 Colt.

Condition wise if the bore is good I would value the .22 Colt from $250 to $400. I've saw some close to mint ones priced at $600 to $700 locally.
Posted By: g5m Re: Friend’s uncles estate sale - 01/02/22
tag for prices
I’m interested in all of it - pm sent
Prices would be helpful.
following
Where I am, if that .22 Colt has a good bore, $400-500.
If the timing is good (many went out of time with use) then $500-600.
A really nice one around here CT/RI/MA area would be $700-800 IMO. Havent seen one for sale locally in quite a while.
Sent them to a good auction house you would be surprised what they will bring. Sent some of mine Colt's brought three times the money they should have. GLWS
Per our PMS I'll take the luger and trooper. Spence
Well this has been very informative.

The Luger and Trooper are now SPF.
For the Ruger African M77 in 375 Ruger, he wants $900 plus shipping. He does not have the box, but does have rings.

He has three boxes of Hornady 375 Ruger 270 Spire point factory ammo to go with it. Extra $100/box plus shipping.
Ahh so now the prices come out. Count me as a HELL NO for anything at this point.
EM,

Your reading comprehension is small. I said in the first few posts he has no idea what these are worth, so PM me some ideas.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I’ll post what he has as I see it.

I know he has a blue/wood 375 Ruger with Ammo.

Colt trooper with original box, 98-99% condition. Might be unfired.

Colt officers target 22 revolver worn finish

Interarms Mauser 9mm German Luger. NIB with papers.

Anyone interested, I can get details.

You’ve been here long enough to know better than starting a clusterflux like this.

Poorly done.
Trust me, won't happen again.

Was trying to help an old lady liquidate her husband's estate, and help some of the people here to have an opportunity to buy something.

The 375 Ruger is still available, if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the nephew (Jeff's) contact info.
What is the bid at for the Ruger now?
Does the Ruger have a barrel band front sling swivel, or is the front swivel in the fore end of the stock?
This was a disaster of a classified ad. I'm very glad I didn't get suckered into anything you're selling.
I think the Ruger has the swivel on the stock.

I'll ask him for pictures and PM you..

Emmy,

Its not about you. It's about Jeff's aunt.

And you don't like that.

Sad really.
Pull your head out and look a page back.

There's a good fellow.

Originally Posted by Sharps1874
What is the bid at for the Ruger now?

Originally Posted by EMoore
This was a disaster of a classified ad. I'm very glad I didn't get suckered into anything you're selling.

This wasn’t a classified ad but rather a sealed bid auction. Guns were sold with no prices ever posted or a chance for everyone to “bid.”
$hitshow is the best way I can describe this thread. Jeff's aunt could have picked a much better representative to sell off her goods than the asshat OP.
$hitshow is the best way I can describe this thread. Jeff's aunt could have picked a much better representative to sell off her goods than the asshat OP.

LOL pissed you didn't get the one you wanted? My guess is you're a greedy whore and wanted to snatch up whatever you could for pennies on the dollar rather than help an old lady out by being fair. JMO of course.
I bought two of the guns at a fair price, not a steal and not retail, as a package deal. I have dealt with Dave for years buying and selling him stuff. He is a class act all around.

He isn’t getting anything but bad lip service it seems just for helping a friend out.

Spence
Originally Posted by Fireball2

LOL pissed you didn't get the one you wanted? My guess is you're a greedy whore and wanted to snatch up whatever you could for pennies on the dollar rather than help an old lady out by being fair. JMO of course.

Nope, not at all correct. You can take your opinion and stick it sideways.
Originally Posted by spence1875
I bought two of the guns at a fair price, not a steal and not retail, as a package deal. I have dealt with Dave for years buying and selling him stuff. He is a class act all around.

He isn’t getting anything but bad lip service it seems just for helping a friend out.

Spence

I’ve had the same experience with David, and there’s very little reward in taking on somebodies estate to settle.

The “Classified Cowboy” crowd is just butt hurt - too early in the year to be crying already.
Thanks for taking this on David, despite the attacks from the sharks. It's a thankless job trying to help out in an estate sale, when everyone is looking to buy something at a price they can flip for a profit that'll give them bragging rights for the year, and the family doesn't know what to charge. I've done this a couple of times for a widow, and got grief from both the potential buyers and the widows family. The potential buyers think they should get a chance to lowball the widow, and the family is always sure that the deceased's stuff is antique roadshow million dollar finds. A reasonable price to sell in a reasonable time period makes neither side happy.
No butthurt here, I just wanted to see a price. Usually gunbroker is for bidding.

Maybe you Classifieds Cowboys shouldn’t drink before posting.
David’s a good guy trying to help a widow out and you get all butthurt that the post didn’t follow your guidelines.
SMH
Thanks guys.

BTW, the 375 is a standard Hawkeye, not an African.

I can’t even find one on gunbroker to compare prices with, nimrod elsewhere. Pictures coming within the hour.

So we’re back to zero on this on.
Oh, Emmy,

My feelers are hurt!

Originally Posted by spence1875

Spence

Nothing wrong with helping someone out but there is a right way and a wrong way. He chose the wrong way this time. Prices should have been posted because thus isn’t an auction site.
If you’d read any part of this you’d have known that we had no idea on prices, that was the first ask.

And nothing was auctioned. Spence walked Jeff through what he thought a good retail price would be and what those two guns were worth to him. Period.

Others provided cost details without any intention of buying, just trying to help.

So, after all the complaining, Jeff decided to just take the rest of the guns to a local FFL and consign them.
Just because someone is helping a person out, doesn't mean they're doing things the way they should. The whole show-and-tell posting was a bunch of bullshit. If you wanted sealed bids via PM, you should have asked for that. I asked for details/price and never received anything. It's all good tho, I don't feel like I missed out on anything that DW was selling, I just hate to see stuff like this happen here and nobody calls anyone out.
so what did the luger sell for??
Good move on Jeff's part. Anymore I just don't want to deal with people.

GLWS
Just because someone is helping a person out, doesn't mean they're doing things the way they should. The whole show-and-tell posting was a bunch of bullshit. If you wanted sealed bids via PM, you should have asked for that. I asked for details/price and never received anything. It's all good tho, I don't feel like I missed out on anything that DW was selling, I just hate to see stuff like this happen here and nobody calls anyone out.

Just let it go dickweasel. It's not your problem.
© 24hourcampfire