Home
I did a little poking around on the net and I have some questions for some of you guys to see if there is something I am missing.

The K Frame round butt original factory "Combat" finger groove grips. I am seeing some prices that are in the $200-300 dollar range and people still bidding (on auctions on them).

Is there something specific about that grip?

What is so special about it?

I have a set, but I never thought they were all that great of a grip and took them off and stuck them in a drawer.
What is the deal? Are they really that valuable?

Thanks
I agree with your statement that they dont feel that well, but they look good and fools will pay for them. I have sold a few sets for more than $200.

Put them on fleebay and watch the idiocy begin.
Mack,

Yes they are. All vintage S&W grips are and have been bringing serious money for years. I have boxes of them that I have collected over the years prior to what they are selling for today. The classifieds on S&W Forum will show you.
Definitely worth that in good condition!
I knew the old Diamond Cokes were bringing big money, but I didn't realize that these were as well. Sheesh!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yes, as the others have stated above, OEM S&W combats in particular bring a chunk o' change and it's not unusual to pay up to $300 for a nice set. The ones in the picture above appear to be the "Morado wood" combats that came on the later models in the 90's. The N frame grips of that specific style were included with such models as the Classic DX and perhaps others. I don't own any of those flat-sided ones but have heard that they aren't too comfortable.

These are pretty nice considering their age.

Well now I have a good idea.

Probably list it here after a bit.
© 24hourcampfire