Home
Posted By: Bearschlayerx2 Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
Never shipped ammo before. Who is best to use for shipping? I'm guessing UPS but no idea. What is the process to do it? Does it have to be packaged any certain way? Wasn't sure where to post this and figured someone here would know. Have some I'm thinking about selling.

Attached picture 20220120_181758.jpg
Posted By: kingston Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
UPS or Fedex. You can not ship ammo with USPS.

I use UPS.

Box must be marked ORD.

Look up the regs.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
UPS doesn't require any special packaging. Gotta take it to a hub though. The UPS Stores are independantly owned and won't ship ammo.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: BladeRimfire Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
UPS for all my shipments
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
Don't ship ammo in a baggy or plastic wrap. They have a magic way of shaking loose from stuff like that. Pack as tightly as possible. (They're going to get you for weight and box dimensions.) Must be marked with an ORD symbol (diamond)... you can buy the stickers on Amazon for a few dollars. Some UPS hubs will still let you draw it on, others won't. (Technically, their auditors say it shouldn't be drawn, but it really comes down to the clerk you get.) Shipping 2-3 boxes from Virginia to Texas usually runs about $12-15 dollars.
Posted By: kingston Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
Just print out the ORD placard and tape it on.

Do an image search and you'll find one.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
I use FedEx, you need to package the ammo in a box within a box. Pack tight, use the diamond placard and call for a pickup. I think the pickup is $4.00 I have an account with them so I print my own labels. Fairly easy to open an account and its a lot handier.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
No more ORD, use the label AKwolverine posted a picture of on the box. UPS or FEDEX, as others have said.
Thanks for all the info. Not sure if it's worth the hassle for the little bit I want to let go. Can't find anyone local that would be interested in the 11 loaded .50 BMG rounds that's in the picture.
Posted By: texken Re: Shipping loaded ammo - 01/22/22
I take mine to the Fed X hub, tell them its ammo and they do the rest.
© 24hourcampfire