Home
Posted By: Duvel WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/23/22
A very nice Ruger #1 in 6mm Remington. Less than 80 rounds fired through it since new. Serial Number is 130-034XX, so I believe it was made in 1971. The last time I shot it was about 15 years ago and it was holding sub-moa groups with old factory ammo. It is in excellent condition except for the pictures showing flaws. There are a couple of slight dings on the wood and a small area on the underside of the barrel where the bluing has been rubbed off. There is no roughness to that spot, it’s just like the bluing was rubbed by something. $1400 plus shipping.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Tag
Posted By: bmw540 Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/23/22
Very nice! I owned one in 6mm from 1970, the very early #1s were magnificent, the late great custom gun builder Len Brownell worked for
Ruger in the early years, he designed the stocks for the #1 and model 77. Len was one of the greatest builders of all time.
Posted By: Jgotro Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/23/22
Tag
What a great combo!
Posted By: Benbo Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/24/22
That would be a great ground hog rifle.
I’d love to own one of these, my very favorite caliber.
I have its twin. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. It's hell on coyotes and deer.

Attached picture 6mmyote.jpg
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/26/22
Bump…
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/26/22
Originally Posted by magshooter1
I have its twin. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. It's hell on coyotes and deer.

I like that picture. What scope are you using?
Zeiss Terra 4-12x42 in that pic.
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/30/22
I’ll offer a layaway on this helps anyone sneak it by their significant other…
Originally Posted by bmw540
Very nice! I owned one in 6mm from 1970, the very early #1s were magnificent, the late great custom gun builder Len Brownell worked for
Ruger in the early years, he designed the stocks for the #1 and model 77. Len was one of the greatest builders of all time.

In addition to the beautiful stock design by Len Brownell, these early no.1 rifles have Douglas Premium barrels known for superior accuracy!
I guess I am not the
Only one on the Fire that owns a #1 in 6mm
I'm surprised this has lasted this long. Only thing I can figure is scarcity of ammo and brass. Bump for a fine rifle in a classic caliber.
Posted By: bmw540 Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 01/31/22
Mine was a shooter!
Tag until I get some shotguns sold!
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 02/03/22
Bump…
bump for an awesome gun/caliber
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 02/08/22
Bump…
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 02/15/22
Bump…
Tagged.
Posted By: Duvel Re: WTS: Ruger #1 6mm Remington - 03/02/22