Home
Posted By: JamesJr Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
Probably a long shot, but had an Amish kid bring me his rifle and scope to boresight for him, and the scope is missing both turret caps. It's one of those Remington package deal scopes, a 3X9. No name on the scope. If anyone has one of these scopes that they've junked. and most are junk to begin with, then I'd like to buy it or the caps.

Thanks, James
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
I may have the 4-12x40
Posted By: Horryleverman Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
Does he want a free Simmons 44mag scope?
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
I have Amish neighbors like that too, hard or impossible for them to break down and buy a decent inexpensive scope. But like you I help them if I can.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
The scope seems functional, and all I'm trying to do is help the kid out. Most of them don't mind paying for a gun, but will put the cheapest scope on them that they can find. But, they only fire a few shots a year because deer hunting is about all they hunt, so I guess they don't want to pay for good glass.

Hopefully someone has got some caps.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by Horryleverman

Truthfully, I'm not looking for a free scope here, just trying to find the turret caps that will fit his scope. I have an old Simmons 44 Mag, and it's one of the best scopes I ever owned. I wouldn't part with mine very cheaply, and I know that dollar wise, it's probably not worth much.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
I did have a couple of those if i haven't given them away. Wont be home to look until tomorrow evening though. If i have them the caps are yours.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Here's What I Need - 01/24/22
Still telling the Amish they are unbranded leupolds?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Here's What I Need - 01/25/22
Originally Posted by Tom264
Still telling the Amish they are unbranded leupolds?

They wouldn't know the difference between a Leupold and a CenterPoint. On the other hand, there are a few of them who are very much into rifles and shooting. They know the difference.
Posted By: rong Re: Here's What I Need - 01/25/22
I have one somewhere as well that I took off,if troutnut doesnt come thru ,I'll look shortly
Posted By: Horryleverman Re: Here's What I Need - 01/25/22
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Horryleverman

Truthfully, I'm not looking for a free scope here, just trying to find the turret caps that will fit his scope. I have an old Simmons 44 Mag, and it's one of the best scopes I ever owned. I wouldn't part with mine very cheaply, and I know that dollar wise, it's probably not worth much.

ok, just thought I'd offer it.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Here's What I Need - 01/25/22
James - I'll send you one, PM sent.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Here's What I Need - 01/25/22
Just checked i had 3 or 4 at one time from takeoff 700s. Must have given them away. Sorry
Posted By: rong Re: Here's What I Need - 01/26/22
pm sent
Posted By: KML81 Re: Here's What I Need - 02/02/22
PM sent
© 24hourcampfire