Home
Hey guys I'm looking for a Barrett fieldcraft 7 mm 08 either 21" or 18" barrel. If you have one you're looking to sell let me know.
I am new to 24hr campfire, but have a bunch of feedback on Rockslide and Long rang hunting. Might be interested in the Forbes 20b in 7mm-08 as well
Thanks
Watch out for too-good-to-be-true PMs and emails.
Originally Posted by RickBin
Watch out for too-good-to-be-true PMs and emails.

Yep. Unicorn for sure.
Good luck finding one they're great rifles. I have the 18.5" 7-08 and I've found 1/2 moa loads with both bullets I've tried so far. I killed an elk with it in 2020. The only problem with mine is that scopes don't seem to hold up on it.

Bb
thinking you guys would be better off to find a titanium action in one of the 700 clones and proceed to build a rifle for what they are costing and the lack of finding the rifles
but good luck in your search
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Good luck finding one they're great rifles. I have the 18.5" 7-08 and I've found 1/2 moa loads with both bullets I've tried so far. I killed an elk with it in 2020. The only problem with mine is that scopes don't seem to hold up on it.

Bb

Ah yes, the “good luck finding one, I have one...........” reply. Is yours for sale? Otherwise, you’re not helping.
Thanks guy I know they are hard to find, definitely a unicorn. But you never know
Still searching
Thanks
What type of scope were you running on your FC 7mm-08.
My brother and I both have a 18" 308 FC and have used swarovski z3 without any issues. I picked up a nightforce 2.5-10x32 that I'm using now, but its definitely much heavier scope
Good luck in your search. I’m rolling with. Hells canyon speed in 7-08 with a swaro z5 2.4-12. Unbelievable setup. Shoots easily under 3/4” with a 140 partition at 2900 FPS. Even with the garbage Tupperware stock lol
The starting bid for a NIB fieldcraft in 6.5CM on GB is 3 grand. I'll concur with Gene270. A rem action in a brown precision kevlar stock and a slim profile barrel will probably be close to a 6lb rig, and cost less
Yeah I know they are pricey. But willing to pay a fair price for one in a 7mm-08
I'd Call Melvin and Order a NULA Before Paying What The Fieldcrafts or Selling For..You'll Be About The Same Price Wise... While I've Had 4-5 Fieldcrafts their a Good Deal At $1500 Mark,But Those Days Are Long Gone..
Originally Posted by Mull
I'd Call Melvin and Order a NULA Before Paying What The Fieldcrafts or Selling For..You'll Be About The Same Price Wise... While I've Had 4-5 Fieldcrafts their a Good Deal At $1500 Mark,But Those Days Are Long Gone..

Did you get that last 308 on TODT a few months back?
Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by Mull

Did you get that last 308 on TODT a few months back?

I'm not Mull, I don't think anyone got that one....I contacted him and let him know I'd take it. No reply.

Considering the price breakdown on a Fieldcraft I look at the following:
1. ~20 oz action (short action) = Defiance anTi = $1000
2. Light contour barrel ~$300
3. Barrel install/chamber/crown ~$325
4. Stock ~$600
5. Action bedding ~$100

So roughly $2325 can be a fair amount of +/- on all of that and I didn't look at taxes or shipping...throw those in and I'll round it to $2500 for a rough estimate. One big plus to the Fieldcraft is it's already done...no shipping back forth, no waiting for everything, no searching for stock/barrel/action....etc. I'm not saying they should be bringing $2500 but to build a rifle roughly the same with a 20 oz short action, light barrel, and light stock and all the time/effort of the build I'd call it $2500. Over that, just go custom.
Originally Posted by gene270
thinking you guys would be better off to find a titanium action in one of the 700 clones and proceed to build a rifle for what they are costing and the lack of finding the rifles
but good luck in your search

So, do you still have four, or has GB Fever worn you down?
I hope you find what you are looking for!

Dave
No, I Don't Thank Anyone Got The One On ODT. Friend Offered Him $300 Over His Asking Price.. And Got Nothing But Crickets... I'd Already Had My Fill Of Him The First Time He Posted it.. Don't Know What The Deal Was With Him.. But Seemed it Was More Trouble Than It Was Worth.. I Sold 4 Of Them And The Most I Got Out Of One Was $1600 But That Was Before The Crazy Times Hit .
You should get what you want but the odds are against a fieldcraft (or any even nicer factory rifle) shooting as well as a custom.

It's easy to build a Rem 700 with your choice of barrel maker in a #1 (or fluted #2) barrel and your choice of stock that weighs 5.5 lbs and shoots bugholes.

Or buy a 5 lb Kimber and rebarrel it if you have to.
Well I don't really want a custom build, they are nice guns but I have my heart set on a fieldcraft 7mm-08.
TTT still looking
for what your going to pay for one unless you are a lucky man call NULA and order one probably quicker than getting a fieldcraft
Just a heads up.

That guy on ODT is a scammer.

The last few have been...
TTT
Also looking for possibly a forbes 20b 7mm-08
Stay patient. I recently attempted the same thing for my cousin. Ended up having a member sell him a full out custom on a Remington Ti action. $2500?
Yeah, need to keep an eye out on things like this.
Sunday afternoon bump
Still looking guys
TTT
Still on the search
TTT
TTT
Sent you a pm.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Sent you a pm.

Good luck.

Holy damn. Just saw that one. WOW +P!!
Humm, way over priced it is.
My bet is that it will sell for the minimum at least. Crazy.
It will sell.
Whether the buy it now gets hit or not is my curiosity.
smile
© 24hourcampfire