Home
Posted By: ChanceD WTS: Winchester Model 12 16ga - 03/27/22
WTS: Winchester Model 1912 16ga shotgun, 26" Barrel, Full Choke. Early model 12 ready for a new home. $675.00 shipped
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: JWL3 Re: WTS: Winchester Model 12 16ga - 03/27/22
tag
Has this shotgun been refinished in any way? How is it mechanically? What length chamber? Thanks
The shotgun was manufactured in 1917 by checking the serial number, 153xxx so it’s an early one. I really don’t believe the shotgun has been refinished in any way. The recoil pad was added at some point to the stock. I’ll have to measure the chamber tomorrow but I’m betting it’ll be the 2 9/16”. The shotgun works, it performs mechanically. I can send better pics through text or email. Pm me either if you’d like that?
Bump
Pm sent for pictures
A lot of the old Model 12's with the 2 9/16 chambers had them reamed out to 2 3/4. I know because I had one that did.

Walmart had some 16 gauge shells in stock today, so there's ammo out there for this gun.
Posted By: Sako Re: WTS: Winchester Model 12 16ga - 03/31/22
a lot of times they would stamp the side of the barrel to say 2 & 3/4.... is there any markings on this one to indicate?
No there’s not any markings saying what the chamber is. I measured it with my handy dandy caliper and the chamber measured less than 2 3/4” so I’m thinking this one wasn’t reamed out. This one is a very early one, born in 1917.
Remington 16 gauge game loads are labeled 2 3/4" but actually meassure 2 9/16". That's what Dad shoots in his old A5 and has no problems. Just an FYI
Bump
© 24hourcampfire