Home
Looking for a vintage 1950s/1960s Savage Bolt Action .22 Hornet. laugh
I saw a mint 340 Deluxe sell for $650.00 not to long ago.
BTT
The nicest Savage in .22 Hornet from that era was a 342S. It was a fine looking rifle, but I don't shoot open sights very well and it had been made before Savage d&t the 340 series rifles. Good luck with your search!
Thanks. Dad came up with one when I was a kid. Not sure if it was a 340 or 342. I remember it had a Jana 4x scope mounted on it. We couldn't get it to shoot decent groups. Even Keyholed one once in awhile. At the time the Jana got the blame, LOL. Later I figured out we were probably loading the wrong bullets for it.

For 8th grade graduation everyone (aka extended family) kicked in for a Remington 660 6mm just like Dad's. Never looked back. The 660 has worn three or four different barrels over the last 50 or so years and and sports a M7 bolt handle, trigger and stock.

Gotta Grandson that Grandpa would sure like to see shooting a similar Savage. Probably doesn't make a lick of sense but I guess a guy's first centerfire is kinda like..... well you know. (-:
Get him one of the new Savages and look at it as being just an updated version of your 340.
Originally Posted by DoubleCK
Thanks. Dad came up with one when I was a kid. Not sure if it was a 340 or 342. I remember it had a Jana 4x scope mounted on it. We couldn't get it to shoot decent groups. Even Keyholed one once in awhile. At the time the Jana got the blame, LOL. Later I figured out we were probably loading the wrong bullets for it.

For 8th grade graduation everyone (aka extended family) kicked in for a Remington 660 6mm just like Dad's. Never looked back. The 660 has worn three or four different barrels over the last 50 or so years and and sports a M7 bolt handle, trigger and stock.

Gotta Grandson that Grandpa would sure like to see shooting a similar Savage. Probably doesn't make a lick of sense but I guess a guy's first centerfire is kinda like..... well you know. (-:

One of the first two deer hunting rifles that I received from my Parents was a Remington 660 in 6MM when I was 14. I still have it, but haven't shot it in a long time. Except for the QD studs, mine is still in its original configuration For a long time I had a 660 in 222 as my primary called predator rifle, but swapped it out for a stainless Remington 7 in 223 back in 2000. For some reason I sold the 660 in 222, I guess that someone wanted it more than I did.
BTT
Still looking.
DoubleCK, I sent you a couple of PMs
Thanks.
sent you a pm
© 24hourcampfire