Home
I plan to sell a friend an early 700 KS, Brown Stock, bright blue finish, engine turned bolt , VG condition, 30'06. I am thinking about $1,400, am I too high?
It would still bring that (or close) at auction, even though the market is softening. A later KS with McMillan in 280 went for $1450 this last week on gunbroker.

He’s your friend; only two people you need to worry about being happy with the deal smile
Seems like a good price for both you and the friend
I sold my friend a Win M70 Classic Stainless 30-06 in Mcmillan Edge stock with a Leupold 3.5-10x40 CDS scope. I charged $1500. It was accurized by HCR.

Wanna stay his friend, charge less...
I Seen A KS On Consignment At The Pro Shop In Ellijay Ga.This Was Several Months Ago. Rifle Had a Older Leupold Vari X 3-10.Both Where Very Clean. They Where Asking $1750. I Offered $1500 For a Freind And They Wouldn't Take it..Or For That Matter Even Call The Owner To Ask What The Botttom Dollar Would Be.. The Shop Employee Did Tell Me $1200 Was The Highest Offer They Had Received.. I'd Say If Someone wanted One It Will Probably Bring $1400.A Little Later Toward Hunting Season..
If you want a quick sale, I’d suggest more in the $1250 range. 30-06 is a bit harder sell. I have a first year production KS .338 and I’m the original owner. If I were to sell it, I’d be satisfied with $1250-$1300. Just my .02.
Originally Posted by wyosteve
If you want a quick sale, I’d suggest more in the $1250 range. 30-06 is a bit harder sell.
Im not sure I agree that the ‘06 is a harder sell. Maybe harder to sell than the 280 I referenced, but the 270/280/06 are the sweet spot for the KS. You don’t see many ‘06 KS linger. I’ve been looking for one in SS for years.
Sold my Ks mountain rifle in 8mm mag for 1100. Had to sit on it awhile.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
If you want a quick sale, I’d suggest more in the $1250 range. 30-06 is a bit harder sell.
Im not sure I agree that the ‘06 is a harder sell. Maybe harder to sell than the 280 I referenced, but the 270/280/06 are the sweet spot for the KS. You don’t see many ‘06 KS linger. I’ve been looking for one in SS for years.
Did they ever make the stainless with a brown stock? I don't think I have ever seen one.
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Did they ever make the stainless with a brown stock? I don't think I have ever seen one.
Best I have ever been able to tell, no. Transition occurred just prior to the introduction of the stainless ~’91. That said, I wouldn’t bet too much that there isn’t one floating around out there - it was Remington and things got used as they came out of the back rooms, as far as I can tell!
© 24hourcampfire