Home
Against all logic, I bought a rifle in this chambering and now I get to start my search for reloading components. Let me know what you have. Thanks.
Bump for a fellow seeker of gold. I shoot two R2 Lovells, a .22 Maximum Lovell, and a Low Wall .25-20 SS, or I would help you out. When my stash is exhausted I plan to make them by swaging .223 brass. Good luck!
You might consider checking over on the ASSRA.com web site. There are a number of Lovell shooters on that site and one of them might be able to help.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Bump for a fellow seeker of gold. I shoot two R2 Lovells, a .22 Maximum Lovell, and a Low Wall .25-20 SS, or I would help you out. When my stash is exhausted I plan to make them by swaging .223 brass. Good luck!

I'd be open to finding some swagged brass as well. Do you have the whole setup to form them?
No. A friend made his own swaging die which I plan to copy. Also involves a lathe (to turn the bulge that develops at the bottom of the case. Pretty involved process, but what's a fella to do?

One word of advise: avoid Bertram .25-20SS brass unless you are desperate. It doesn't hold up well to R2 pressures, at least in my experience.

I wish Captech (Jamison) brass company was still around.
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

I'd be open to finding some swagged brass as well. Do you have the whole setup to form them?

I thought I had already posted this. I've sold my R2 Lovell brass and 22-3000 brass.
I sold the rifle by Hervey Lovell and brass, but I do have the 3 die set that came with it. $100+ flat rate box shipping.
[email protected]
OP - hang in there. Brass will turn up and when it does you will be rewarded with a darned sweet shooting system.

P.S. Those dies of Butch's are a great deal if you don't have any. As new custom dies from a couple makers, you'll wait forever to have a set made.
Let me check....might have some from my old Griffin & Howe days.
Originally Posted by Biebs
Let me check....might have some from my old Griffin & Howe days.

Fingers crossed.
I have 22 lovell ammmo, loaded empties and dies
© 24hourcampfire