Home
Shew

Attached picture Screenshot_20220717-212949_Samsung Internet.jpg
Unfortunately not me…
Still have all my organs so not me
Posted By: Jpterry Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
I topped it out at $2500 on the 6.8spc a couple weeks ago... really wanted that one.
I had no idea it was going to go like that. Didn't think they were collector pieces. I would have went 2500 on it and used it
Hahahahaha!!! 6k…awesome!
Originally Posted by predmaster223
I had no idea it was going to go like that. Didn't think they were collector pieces. I would have went 2500 on it and used it
I didn’t see 6k coming either. Surprises the heck out of me, if it’s real.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: AKduck Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
I was on the 6.8 but quickly got out of the race. Recognized a name or two from here in the bid history on the 5.56.
Posted By: SMACK Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
One could build a quality light weight custom for that.
I'd been happier selling ,Than buying at that price,
The Russians must've hacked GB cuz it says *System Issues* at the top banner now.
The 270 is almost 2600 with an hour!
223 is back up with 1hr 15min left. High bid still north of $6k. We all still have a chance….
I saw the 270 was still at $1899 this am. I was going to throw in a bid if it stayed there...wishful thinking!
Maybe we can pool our money! I get it oct-January!!
My local LGS had a lightly used fieldcraft in I believe .308. No use to me but if someone is interested let me know.
Originally Posted by Cowboythunder
223 is back up with 1hr 15min left. High bid still north of $6k. We all still have a chance….
There is another.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939431897
We had friends staying with us this weekend and I remember thinking "I've got to remember to get on GB near the ending time". I forgot....got really mad at myself...until I saw the end result!
Blows my mind. I mean they’re nice but not $6k nice.
Posted By: 10ring1 Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
It could be faux bidders either on the seller's behalf or an accomplice. This sort of thing happens fairly often on GB. Driving up bids on one or two bidders that 'have to have' an item. I've seen 10/22mags (several different around the same week or two) go for 5-6k a few years ago.... Is just one example
Posted By: Teeder Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
$6k, huh?

Does that make my Kimber Montana .223 $5k? grin
Never know…

condition and availability tend to dictate firearm prices so in 30 years 6K for a 223 fieldcraft might seem like the one that got away

Also, some folks just chit money and 6k is like a candy bar
The fieldcraft was never produced in .223 so I guess that makes it pretty collectable but 6k is crazy
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy
The fieldcraft was never produced in .223 so I guess that makes it pretty collectable but 6k is crazy

Yeah, it's pretty unique and would be a great little platform....but not that great.
Posted By: skeen Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by Teeder
$6k, huh?

First cat that offers me $5k for my .223 Montana is an owner. laugh
Originally Posted by skeen
$6k, huh?

If someone offered me $6k for my 224 or 280 FC I'd sell in a heartbeat. On the other hand, I'm hanging on to my 223.
Originally Posted by orientalexpress
$6k, huh?

If someone offered me $6k for my 224 or 280 FC I'd sell in a heartbeat. On the other hand, I'm hanging on to my 223.
What was the action length on the demos? Was it the micro that they had talked about?
You got some unique chamberings.
Originally Posted by AKduck
I was on the 6.8 but quickly got out of the race. Recognized a name or two from here in the bid history on the 5.56.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939431711

This will be the third one they’ve sold, maybe this one won’t be bad.
Are you saying you have a 280 ai fieldcraft 😯
Pics please so I know what my dream gun looks like 😁
Originally Posted by ndhunterman
280 AI is dead in the water. Not going to do them per the Barrett rep I talked too.

Only dead to the average Joe. Not mine by the way.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
$6k, huh?

What was the action length on the demos? Was it the micro that they had talked about?

Yes they are Micro Actions. I had the opportunity to buy a 300blkout but I passed and now I'm kicking myself.
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Are you saying you have a 280 ai fieldcraft 😯
Pics please so I know what my dream gun looks like 😁

Barrett made a handful of prototypes. Myself and another guy I know bought one. TBH I haven't been able to get mine to shoot great with factory ammo. I have yet to reload with it. My friend who bought the other has been able to get it to shoot great with hand loads.
$6k, huh?

Yes they are Micro Actions. I had the opportunity to buy a 300blkout but I passed and now I'm kicking myself.

That’s pretty neat. You may have posted before in one of your old posts what’s the mag box length?
$6k, huh?

That’s pretty neat. You may have posted before in one of your old posts what’s the mag box?

You mean the length? I'll have to dig them out of the safe. My only real gripe is the micros have a 3D printed follower, so there's a little bit of texture on it so when chambering the last round it's kinda gritty.
$6k, huh?

That’s pretty neat. You may have posted before in one of your old posts what’s the mag box?

You mean the length? I'll have to dig them out of the safe. My only real gripe is the micros have a 3D printed follower, so there's a little bit of texture on it so when chambering the last round it's kinda gritty.
Yep - VTT missed that! No worries. Just curiosity.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
Ah, I didn't know these were specials! Not 100% up on the Fieldcrafts.
$6k, huh?

It is the micro action, so rare. The twist is right, but I remember seeing the mag length and it's too short for heavies in the 223. Well less than 2.5". It's posted somewhere on the forums here.

I was going to try to bid on it or the 6.8, but [bleep] elevated quickly. LOL.
Okay so who bought the .308 I posted about yesterday? Guess my LGS got “many” calls but whoever got it mentioned me.
Not I
Originally Posted by 257heaven
$6k, huh?

It is the micro action, so rare. The twist is right, but I remember seeing the mag length and it's too short for heavies in the 223. Well less than 2.5". It's posted somewhere on the forums here.

I was going to try to bid on it or the 6.8, but [bleep] elevated quickly. LOL.

Found it.

Fieldcraft micro-action mag box internal length is 2.436" (SAAMI max + .176")

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12580025/4
Posted By: gene270 Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/18/22
howa mini action
pendleton stock
nice match barrel
save hundreds
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Okay so who bought the .308 I posted about yesterday? Guess my LGS got “many” calls but whoever got it mentioned me.

Originally Posted by robertham1
Not I

Nor I.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what’s your local store?
I inquired but did not buy.
That would be me! Thanks again for the lead..
I called after work...too late
Posted By: Dinny Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/19/22
Originally Posted by gene270
howa mini action
pendleton stock
nice match barrel
save hundreds

Agreed! My Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel comes in under 7lbs scoped and it's a tackdriver.
Originally Posted by SMACK
Exactly. And have a way better piece.
Another 223 and 6.8 are listed. Not sure if they are the same rifles or just the same configuration.
There is another.

Both different rifles -I wondered too.
Originally Posted by 50Reloader
That would be me! Thanks again for the lead..

Glad someone here was able to grab it. I guess they got lots of calls. My buddy owns the shop
There is another.

Both different rifles -I wondered too.

I wonder how many micro actions they were able to build before being shut down for the gov’t contract??
Posted By: Mull Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/19/22
I'd Much Rather Paid The $6000 For The Fieldcraft.Than The $10.000 The Marlin 336 Brought Few Months Back...
Posted By: Teeder Re: Who got the fieldcraft 223 - 07/19/22
Originally Posted by Mull
I'd Much Rather Paid The $6000 For The Fieldcraft.Than The $10.000 The Marlin 336 Brought Few Months Back...

Ya, but the the Marlin had "JM" stamped on the side of the barrel. That's special and rare!

Yep...kinda puts a damper on any excitement for me.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Assume that’s the case on the 6.8 spc also?
Originally Posted by SMACK
Heck, you could buy three of various calibers/cartridges and have all of your needs covered and still buy components. To each their own.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Assume that’s the case on the 6.8 spc also?

Yes. Should be the same for all mini-actions.
© 24hourcampfire