Home
I have been in Boy Scouts for many years.....as is my good friend Seafire. My troop had donated "four" Marlin 22LR bolt action rifles donated for the troops shooting program we so desperately needed. In the past when Obama was in office as many here will recall the " 24hour campfire brain trust" always came through donating ammo for my boys.

What is needed is 1 inch scopes either fixed 4X OR 2x-7x. Just four is needed.

The troop has a shooting campout in September, what I set up for them is clay targets from 50 yards to 90 yards held onto a 2/8 rope held on by a close pin. My boys much prefer shooting clay birds as opposed to paper.

Thank you

Greg
I am in for one scope. PM me your address and I will get one on the way.
donsm70
Let me check
Please PM me your address I have a 2-7x32 that I can send.
I have a 3-9 I can send if you don’t find your preferred magnification. Let me know.
I’m in for one.
PM your address.
If you would be okay with a 3-9x40, I have one I would gladly send your way. Just let me know the shipping address and I’ll get it headed your way.
I also have a 3-9 let us know.
I have something I am sure

If needed send me info

I will ship it

Hank
i have a 1" 4x I can send please send me your address
Larry in reno
My first shots were on a Boy Scout range in 1968!
Good on you for what you are doing,
Eagle in OR
Send me your address I have three 4x scopes that the grandkids don’t use anymore.
Father of an Eagle Scout. Sounds like you have takers. If still in need of the 3-9x40 variety I’d be glad to donate.
I have a 3x9 if needed
Robert Redford..."Where did you learn to shot like that?"...Brad Pitt..."At Bot Scout Camp!" Spy Game the movie...that scene always makes me smile
Good stuff guys. The 'Fire at its best.
I have a 3-9 if needed
PM me
I don’t have any scopes like you are looking for but I’ve got 2 or 3 sets of scope rings lying around you are welcome to. Pm me if you need them.
This almost brought a tear to my eye. You guys aren't as big of azzholes as I thought. grin

Doc, it looks like these guys have you covered. But if you can ever use a old 3-9x40 Pentax, I think I might have one at home. If you need it, let me know and you can just pick it up at my office. Just let me know.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This almost brought a tear to my eye. You guys aren't as big of azzholes as I thought. grin

Oh they/we are but we support the shooting sports😁

Hank
It looks like you got plenty to choose from but if you need more I have a 2 x 7 Simmons you are welcome to. I had it on a ruger 10/22 for awhile. Also have some Weaver scope rings.
Glad to see all the help pouring in. As a former rifle instructor and rifle shooting merit badge counselor it brings a smile to my face knowing kids today are still able to experience the same fun I did 50 something years ago.
Well done Fire
Well done men and a tip of the hat to all those involved in scouting.
Have 4x here I can send. Pm me the address and I’ll get it on the way!
Looks like the scopes are gonna be covered, I’d like to donate a little cash towards ammo or clays if you have have a PayPal/cashapp/Venmo. Please PM me.
Originally Posted by Bearded
Looks like the scopes are gonna be covered, I’d like to donate a little cash towards ammo or clays if you have have a PayPal/cashapp/Venmo. Please PM me.
Sounds like a great idea.
donsm70
To all on the 24houur campfire,

Again.....the campfire rises to the challenge is supporting scout/youth shooting. I have PM'd everyone with scope donations mailing info, for those of you who offered 3X-9X scopes a sincere "Thank-you" . I have enough 4X and 2X-7X scopes coming to equip the donated rifles.

Several campfire members in this thread commented their memories of learning to shoot at Scout Camp in their youth, I too was one who learned to shoot at scout camp and been shooting ever since. I will say this, if we don't get guns in the hands of young scouts from 6th grade to 8th grade the chances of these young boys enjoying the shooting sports as we have is non-existent.

Tomorrow I will have three of the scouts ( age 14) out shooting sporting clays...these boys just love it. I do too.

So many "THANKS" to all of you here on the Campfire.

Greg
one of my first shooting experience was with a boy scout coach, although i was not a scout.
we "shot our way thru history" everyone got a shot or two woth
FLintlock
percussion
trapdoor
springfield 03
M1 carbine
M1 garand.
I will never forget that experience.
Larry in Reno
I am late to the party as usual. Greg is local to me and I understand he could use a couple of sets of rings for the scopes you so generously provided. I offered him a NIB Weaver rimfire scope today and he turned me down because you guys already took care of him.

I think he's hesitant to ask you guys for more but I'm not. Anybody got some rings for Greg's troop? I have only daughters but I know the troop. You would be giving to a great cause. But you probably already know this.
Originally Posted by silver78
I am late to the party as usual. Greg is local to me and I understand he could use a couple of sets of rings for the scopes you so generously provided. I offered him a NIB Weaver rimfire scope today and he turned me down because you guys already took care of him.

I think he's hesitant to ask you guys for more but I'm not. Anybody got some rings for Greg's troop? I have only daughters but I know the troop. You would be giving to a great cause. But you probably already know this.

What type of rings are needed? For the rail on a rimfire or Weaver type base?
Personally I would leave 1 or 2 of those guns with open sights. The boys need to learn to shoot proficiently with and without a scope, and also come to the appreciation that in some cases open sights are an acceptable or even preferred solution. Maybe outfit one with a rear peep sight.
PM sent
© 24hourcampfire