Home
.................................. .38 Special +P Heavy 148 Grain Wadcutter ammo.........................................

Friends,

I have just completed a a small batch (10-100 round boxes) of the .38 +P Special Heavy Wadcutter ammo.

Like all the ammo sold, these are sold in 100 round increments.

I have 10-100 round boxes ready to go.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This was produced in new Starline brass and features a 148 grain full wadcutter.

For those not familiar, a little background. The short version is that the very vast majority of JHP/defense ammo will not expand out of short barreled revolvers. It also has very erratic and inconsistent penetration. For that reason, many knowledgeable shooters have long carried wadcutters in their J Frames and short barreled revolvers due to the fact that they have extremely consistent performance and penetrate straight and deep.

**** These loads are safe for modern firearms in proper working condition that are rated for +P ammo. The loads were tested in multiple J Frame Model 442s (Airweights) with 1 & 7/8ths " barrels as well as larger framed .38s.

This ammunition is NOT recommended for use in Taurus titanium guns, or firearms with titanium or aluminum cylinders.

S&W J Frames such as the "Airweight" series have a steel cylinder, and this ammo functions with no issue in such revolvers. The 442 shown above has over 5,000 rounds through it, is completely serviceable.

Testing was done using Airweight 1 & 7/8ths" J frames as well as 4" and 6" guns.

Velocity is as follows:

Airweight J Frame: 820 FPS
4" K Frame: 885 FPS
6" Ruger Security 6: 950 FPS

Usually the standard factory wadcutter ammo (Big R and Big W) is in the high 600s low 700s when fired from a 2" revolver, so this will certainly do the job and penetrate deep and straight.

Price includes shipping and insurance.

It is $100 for 100 rounds, or $200 for 200 rounds to your door, which after S&I works out to about $40 per box of 50.

Post the amount you want followed with a PM, so I can keep track please.

I take cash, Venmo, USPS Money order, or checks (once cleared by the bank). I do not take paypal.

Again I have 10-100 round boxes ready to go.

* No, I don't sell them in boxes of 20. The shipping (not to mention packaging) is so costly that it makes no sense to do so .

You have to be 21 since it is handgun ammo. Will only ship to places where legal and it is your responsibility to know your local laws. No shipping to restricted states or jurisdictions. CONUS only, and I do not ship to, MA, DC, CT, CA or other locations with restrictions.

BEFORE YOU SEND A PM, READ THE FAQS PLEASE.

FAQs/Answers to FAQs

YES, I am a licensed manufacturer of ammunition.
NO, These are not "re-loads" this is new manufactured ammunition, using new components.
NO, I am not interested in trades of old brass.
NO, for a multitude of reasons I do not disclose what powder types or amounts are used in the manufacturing of the ammunition.
NO, I am not currently producing any rifle ammunition.
NO, returns of ammunition are not accepted. Know what you are ordering, before you order.

Thanks!
I know that the batch I bought off of you a few months ago was premium shooting fun. Great ammo and great seller
MPat70

Thank you for the kind words!
UP!
UP!
9 boxes left!

Good Morning Campfire!
Good Sunday Morning!
Good Morning Campfire!

Good Morning!

smile

Good Morning Campfire!

Suitable for use in Ruger LCR rated +P???
Yes,

As long as your .38 is in proper/safe working condition it will be fine.
BUMP!
Dang I wish I could get some of those to Alaska. I have a couple of J Frames I would stuff them in.
If you are willing to pay the extra price of the shipping, it is possible, but last time I checked on such a thing with UPS it tripled the cost, and that was for a place that was not exactly remote.

If a person is truly interested, I think it is most cost effective to buy a larger quantity to justify the shipping. At a certain point it evens out, but for 100-200 rounds it seems to be cost prohibitive.

I have shipped 1,000+ rounds to organizations before and it really is not unreasonable, when packaged correctly.

The fact is that on the other end, it costs literally the same to ship 20 rounds or 50 rounds, as it does 100 rounds. That is why I box/sell like I do. It is the point where the purchaser is getting the best bang for their buck.
Good Morning Campfire!
Evening Bump

For the 38 Shooters!
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Beautiful grips Mackay! Who made them ?
Those are Herretts presentation grips

Definitely a pretty pair. smile
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Those are Herretts presentation grips

Definitely a pretty pair. smile

Thanks !
Some good reading material about why wadcutters make sense for snubby revolvers.

https://revolverguy.com/wadcutters-for-self-defense/
UP!
UP!
Beautiful county and old M&P!
Thanks LBP!
BUMP!