Home
For sale is a Savage 99 250-3000, serial number indicates made in 1950. Sight slots have been filled with blanks. I checked the twist with a cleaning rod when I got it several years ago and got 1:14. Has some kind of epoxy or something on one of the rear base mounting screws. $750.00 shipped and insured. Rifle will ship FFL To FFL. USPS money order is preferred. Shipping to CA will be extra.
Thanks for looking,
Ronnie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Up
Tag Bugger
$700 shipped and insured.
Ronnie
Nice deer rifle right here.
Tempting me.....
Nice looking gun. Not a collector, but nice shooter in a great deer round. Decent price. GLWS
Better be careful regarding shipping charges. It gets spendy to Alaska or I assume Hawaii. It can be spendy to California, at least for me as the nearest FFL dealer that can ship to California is more than 100 miles round trip from here.
How does it shoot?
Have not shot it in about 3 years, shot it with Remington 100 grain corelock and it shot decent
Scope I used was a 4X leupold.
Ronnie
Is the receiver hold stripped, hence the epoxy? What's the bore/throat look like? Has it been scoped?
Bore looks ok using a light to look. If you are referring to bore scoped then no, if you are asking about a rifle scope yes, it wore a leupold 4X for a while.
Ronnie
Up
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Is the receiver hold stripped, hence the epoxy? What's the bore/throat look like? Has it been scoped?

The screw hole for the front scope base, has the threading been stripped? Is that the reason for the epoxy?
Thanks.
The epoxy covers the screw head so I don’t know if it is stripped but it could be. It was like this when I bought it. I’ve added some close up photos of the base.
Ronnie

Up
These shoot the 80-87 grain bullets well. My dad has one that my son has killed several deer with. It shoots inch groups with 80-87. And about 1.5 with 100 grain bullets. I love the 99’s
$675.00 shipped
Ronnie
Any tang cracks or imperfections in the wood?
No cracks in the tang that I can see. I’ll get photos of it tomorrow and post them if you want.
As for imperfections it has some dings and scratches but it’s 72 years old.
Ronnie
Up
Up
Up
$650.00 shipped
Ronnie
I recommend getting that scope base fixed and remove any trace of epoxy. It's relatively cosmetic and a good smith can make it nonexistent. Hate to see something like a scope base hurt the value of a classic rifle. I don't think I'd drop the price anymore and it should increase when fixed
Up
Up
Up
Up
Up
Up
Just an aside but:

Bore and throat condition are at least 75% of a successful sale.

For only 100 bucks you can buy a good borescope on Amazon

Teslong Rigid Rifle Borescope, Gun Cleaning Visual Inspection Camera w/26-Inch-Long Rod-Fits .20 Caliber&Larger Hunting Shooting Firearms-Works with Android, Windows and MacBook(3 Mirrors Included)

Tells the food/bad/ugly.
Comon guys, this is a solid hunting rifle, in a great caliber, at a price seldom seen on 99's these days.

If I had the coin right now I'd be on this like Oprah on a ham!!!
Just shelled out for custom wheels, or I'd be all over this. A .250 99? Jeez!
Thanks guys! If it does not sell I’ll just put it back in the safe.
Ronnie
Posted By: lcf Re: Savage 99, 250-3000 for sale - 10/23/22
PM sent
Pm replied to
Up
PM sent
Still available
Up
Pm to you.
SPF!
Ronnie
© 24hourcampfire