Home
I’m currently looking for a barrel only for my H&R sb2 receiver.
It’s gotta be a 280 rem!
And I’m looking to spend under 150$. If it needs to be stripped and rebuled that’s ok too, this is my fall/winter project.
B
There's one over on Graybeard's. The days of $150 barrels are long gone tho....
I have a like new 280rem for a NEF, will that fit? Also have a like new set of dies, and a 50rd box of reloads with new brass.
Fitment is hit or miss. H&R/NEF didn't make their barrel interchangeable like TC. I wouldn't take my chances trying to hand fit a 280 Rem barrel. The pressure is too high for anything except a perfect fit. Buy a complete gun that has a factory fitted barrel. You'll thank me later. BTDT
Originally Posted by Dinny
Fitment is hit or miss. H&R/NEF didn't make their barrel interchangeable like TC. I wouldn't take my chances trying to hand fit a 280 Rem barrel. The pressure is too high for anything except a perfect fit. Buy a complete gun that has a factory fitted barrel. You'll thank me later. BTDT

Thanks for the info I had looked at the 280 barrel on greybeard forum two weeks ago and just about pulled the trigger on it
You’ll have to do a search,but there’s a Handi in .280Rem that was posted back a month or two ago.If I remember correctly it didn’t sell,at $375…
© 24hourcampfire