Home
Posted By: montrose91 Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Watch out for user MegaMehg. He replied to my WTB listing with an unbelievable price and with a photo of a rifle taken from the gunsinternational website. He never did respond when I called him out on it.

WTB ads are risky, so be extra careful with them.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by newmexican
WTB ads are risky, so be extra careful with them.

Sure are, be careful
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Never use WTB .. use looking for
Posted By: Joseywales Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
And always ask for a proof of life photo (picture of item taken with your user name and date in the photo)
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Thanks for the heads up. He also got called out here.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tr-featherweight-7mm-mauser#Post17760847
Posted By: wyosteve Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
It's too easy to photoshop a piece of paper with a name and date. My preferred method is to do a video call with the seller holding the item. If they won't do that, no deal for me. Not risking losing my $$$ to save a few $$$.
Posted By: morecowbell Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
I usually ask for their address and immediately drive to their location and set up 24 hr surveillance equipment, once installed check in to a nearby hotel and start watching and recording. After two weeks if the coast is clear, I look them back up and ask if they still have their 2 boxes of ammo.
Posted By: MOW Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
So the scammer joined in April 2019 and has 288 posts?? Not the profile of a scammer, I wonder if the account got jacked by a scammer?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by morecowbell
I usually ask for their address and immediately drive to their location and set up 24 hr surveillance equipment, once installed check in to a nearby hotel and start watching and recording. After two weeks if the coast is clear, I look them back up and ask if they still have their 2 boxes of ammo.
😂

Hacked or not, that username is now scamdamn.
Posted By: montrose91 Re: Scammer alert - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by MOW
So the scammer joined in April 2019 and has 288 posts?? Not the profile of a scammer, I wonder if the account got jacked by a scammer?

Maybe - but I even texted with the person and he didnt write like an Indian dude or anything. Knew some things about Tikkas.
© 24hourcampfire