Home
Remington 722 in 257 Roberts

Original finishes, uncut, unbedded, bolt locks when on-safe, no cracks.

Wood finish has many small dings and scratches.

Bluing wear on muzzle and bottom metal.

Rear sight is missing. Dovetail is plugged.

Trigger breaks at about 3.5 pounds.

Bore is pristine to my eye.

$700 shipped to your FFL from individual.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I'm having troubles loading pictures to the gallery....will try to upload some more pics later.
Still having problems with the image gallery. I have many more pictures, please PM with your email address or cell phone # and I can send them.
These are great guns. Would be proud to carry that afield. GLWS
PM Sent
PM sent
Post your pics using IMGUR.com

My 722 244 Rem.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
All messages responded to.
Many pictures available here ------> https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/17780829/rem-722-in-257-roberts

Don't know why it wouldn't work last night.
Tag
I have one of these that someone lopped at about 22.5". I took a belt sander to the stock and thinned it down and shaped it to please. Cut the butt down to 12 1/2" lop and Gorilla glued on a 1/2" decelerator. Then put on many hand rubbed coats of tung oil. Trigger breaks crisply at 2.75, action works very slick. It shoots 1.25"moa with 100r Horny's. It weighs 7.4 scoped, I love this gun.

It's a whitetail killing machine.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. These 722's are awesome and underrated rifles. Good luck with your sale.
This is tempting. Nice gun.
Bump.
I can't believe somebody hasn't bought this.

The one I have was my grandmother's, given to her new in 1953 by her second husband (my grandfather died during the Depression), and still groups around 1/2" for 3-shot groups after the 1000+ rounds put through it since I eventually inherited it, after it passed through the hands of several other family members.
You should jump on this one guys. Mine also shoots a very tight group. A close friend did the stock work for me. I came across a very nice walnut blank and he did the fitting. It's the one gun I'll never get rid of. Hopefully my son will enjoy it. These are great rifles. Buy it and enjoy!
If I wasn't selling and down grading this would be sold, it's a great cartridge in a great action, in looks to be very good shape for close to 70 years old. Somebody pull the damn trigger, it shouldn't still be available.
Nice!
I’ll take this. Pm sent
Good buy 405winash!
I was going to pile on and say mine shots sub-MOA with the 115 Partition at just over 3000 FPS with Ramshot Magnum (as suggested by Mr. Barsness). Enjoy your new rifle.
If you want to keep the stock original but play with bedding and floating, look for one of the old short action Rem 700 ADL wood stocks. Lots floating around for sale. I found one and it was very easy to fit to mine.
Rex
spf to 405winash
I can’t believe it lasted that long.
© 24hourcampfire