Home
Bought this out of an estate. Gunsmithing done by Colorado gunsmith Truman Wilson (barrel and glass bedding). Not sure what caliber it started out as. 24" stainless barrel with a 'textured finish' that doesn't show scratches. Threaded 5/8ths-24 at muzzle. I'd call it a medium weight barrel. B prefix serial number. Classic stock shows some wear/dings particularly on the toe area of the buttstock. There is a significant scratch on the left side below the action (see pic). Unknown round count but I've shot it 180 times (per my reloading notes) minus whatever loaded ammo I still have on hand. Brass and reloading dies available. Cabela/Meopta 4.5-14 scope and Tally mounts available at extra cost.

$975 shipped CUSA to your FFL that accepts from an individual with ID enclosed in box. Add $40 if we have to go through an FFL. Tally Mounts and the scope $275 with purchase of the rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Truman used to work for/with Dan Dowling before striking out on his own.

The barrel finish is/was Dan's signature "swizzle" finish.

Truman knows his way around a lathe, no worries on the quality of his work.

GLWYS
Need an 'I'll take it' followed by a PM with all contact information
Close up of the bedding job (Truman Wilson, Colorado 'smith)

A few Classics recently, have a few, all shoot really well
Originally Posted by hanco
A few Classics recently, have a few, all shoot really well

I'm sure this rifle shoots really well, but it really isn't a "classic" any longer. GLWS, for a nice rifle.
Same thing I was thinking. Semi custom at best. Far from a factory Rem700 Classic.
I agree (that it's not an original 'Classic' anymore other than an originally classic model stock). It shoots very well.

Price reduced to $925 CUSA to an FFL that accepts from an individual
Scope and rings no longer available. Will include dies and brass that I have. $915 shipped CUSA
Price $900 shipped CUSA to your FFL that accepts from an individual. Photo of the Redding dies and twice fired brass (35). Also have a modified case for bullet seating with Hornady device.

Seems like a heck of a deal on a great custom deer rifle. GLWS.
It is indeed a nice deer rifle. Here's a pic of the deer I shot in Texas last December (115 gr Nosler BT at 275 yards. DRT). Am selling as a 70 year old I'm paring down on my hunting rifles. And my hunting son is left-handed

Nice rifle. Sweet caliber for varmints and whitetails
Tag
Nice buy here

Bugger
Mid week price reduction: $875 shipped CUSA to FFL that accepts from individual. Will include dies and twice fired brass.
Post T-Day reduction to $865 shipped CUSA to FFL that accepts from individual. Dies and some brass included.
Pm sent
Deal pending with Torqued
Good for you Torqued - that's a real nice piece of walnut on that rifle. It would clean up to be stunning.
Rex
MWN I will take it per our pm's

Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire