Home
Posted By: Bugger WTS: 1898 Krag rifle or carbine - 12/04/22
I have two Krag's. They are both 1898 Models. One is a rifle and one is a carbine. The rifle has some extra holes for sights on the barrel. The rifle has an aftermarket rear sight. I believe the Carbine is better shape than the rifle. However, they both shoot fine and are quite usable. I'd like $750 OBO for the carbine. I'd like $700 OBO for the rifle. I want to keep one and sell the other. These prices are shipped to your FFL from a non-FFL. If your FFL requires the rifle/carbine to go through a FFL on this end the price extra is $30, $60 for California. Alaska and Hawaii will be more. The below pictures are for the rifle, the next reply will be pictures of the carbine.
Bugger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
here's the carbine:

Sent you a PM
Pm answered.
Tempting....you pitching in any ammo
I don't have any factory ammo for the 30-40

Bugger
^
^
Can’t believe that Carbine is still for sale !
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Can’t believe that Carbine is still for sale !
I got an offer and I replied I’d do better. No response? He said he’d be within driving distance from me and I volunteered to drive it to him??
^
The extra holes in the first barrel aren't for sights. They're holes to mount a Unertl-style target scope.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
The extra holes in the first barrel aren't for sights. They're holes to mount a Unertl-style target scope.

Yep
It was pointed out to me that the “Carbine” is a rifle that has been cut down. There’s a couple different sights on these. The front sight on the carbine and the rear sight on the rifle. I don’t need to sell these so I’ll try for a little longer selling at this price. If one doesn’t sell - que sera sera.
^
These are shooter grade Krag's, clearly not collector grade. But they shoot nicely. The rifle liked these loads 3 shot groups were quite good but when the barrel heated up, they groups opened up on the 4th and 5th shots.

30-40 Springfield 1898 150rn 44 grain H4-414
30-40 Springfield 1898 170rn 46.5 grains IMR4350
^
Offers?
These are no longer for sale for now.
Price drop, your choice $600 plus shipping.
Now $575 shipped for your choice, OBO.
Now $550 shipped for your choice, OBO.
$545 shipped in hard case? I'll not go lower as I will bring them to the gun show in Sioux Falls and/or Tulsa.
© 24hourcampfire