Home
Greetings,

Up for sale is a Custom Shop Model 70 built on an XTR Sporter Magnum barreled action. The rifle is chambered in 338 Win Mag and was made in New Haven, Connecticut.

The story behind this rifle is as follows: The original owner ordered the rifle from the custom shop for an upcoming safari. The rifle, however, was not finished in time for the trip so the gentleman bought a different rifle and sold this one. The second owner shot about a box of ammo through the rifle and put away. I bought it from the 2nd owner a number of years ago but have never fired it.

As you can see from the pics. the stock is absolutely beautiful. It has wrap around checkering on the forearm, ebony forend tip and matching grip cap, inletted sling swivel studs, jeweled bolt, and follower. The trigger has zero take-up, zero over-travel and breaks cleanly at around four pounds (based on feel, not measured). Engraved on the floor plate is "Foutch-1992".

$2150 shipped in a hard Plano case and insured

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice
Beautiful gun, GLWS
Wow. Fine looking rifle.
That's gorgeous!
That’s good wood
Very nice looking Model 70. Do you have the Custom Shop letter? Does it have a special Custom Shop Stamp or Serial # configuration like Gxxxx?
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Very nice looking Model 70. Do you have the Custom Shop letter? What is the serial # configuration? Does it have the standard Custom Shop Serial # configuration like Gxxxx?
It’s not a classic, so the serial number will not follow that configuration.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Very nice looking Model 70. Do you have the Custom Shop letter? What is the serial # configuration? Does it have the standard Custom Shop Serial # configuration like Gxxxx?
It’s not a classic, so the serial number will not follow that configuration.
OK Gotcha Thanks
Thanks gents. No custom shop stamp. Serial # is G204XXXX
I do not have a custom shop letter for the rifle
Now that's a rifle! GLWS.
Absolutely beautiful!
Back when the shop had excellent select woods, and the folks who knew how to work with it.

Soooooo nice!
Thanks gents
What is really interesting to me about this rifle is that it would have been made during the time when the custom shop was also producing the classics (crf). I suspect your friend probably had to special order it from the CS as a pushfeed.
Awesome rifle
Thanks Mtdogdreams
Reasonable offers welcome
btt
Let's try $2000 shipped/insured
btt
$1900 shipped/insured
Still open to offers
btt
btt
$1650 shipped/insured
btt
btt
That is a sweet stick!

My first bolt action Win M70 was a 338wm XTR. Stock was not as attractive as yours is. However, it was a shooter!
GLWS

Very nice.
Thanks jkinpa
Rifle has been sold
© 24hourcampfire