Home
Posted By: Rockman Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
I'm new to this, so please excuse any goof-ups. I have 7 Winchester classic stainless featherweights, all in original boxes, unfired, with hanging tags and lit. 1996 circa. 22-250, 243, 270, 308, 30-06, 7mm Mag, 300 Win Mag. Any ideas on value?
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
Wow. Very nice. What type of stocks? Walnut stocks or other?
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
What a topic for your first post!!!
I'll take the 308 and 300 win pending prices and pics
Welcome to the forum. Are you trying to sell on the fire or just get a price? I think that’ll help us determine a value. There is a fire price and a Gunbroker price.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
Walnut stocks
I'm just getting old and don't want to leave these for the wife to deal with. But i'm not dead yet! Got about 30 more guns in the safe, we'll deal with after this. I'll post some pics of the fwts. in a few days when I can get to them (had a hip replaced last week and not to mobile yet).
Following.
Posted By: 160user Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
I would give my left nut for the 270! Do you take trades? smile
Location? If your close enough I may want to make an offer on everything
$1300-$1800 range IMO depending on chambering. GLWS
I'm in central Wyoming.
Oh buddy, that .308 would be nice to see
Sorry, not interested in trades. I've been using one in 270 (obviously not new anymore) since the early nineties. Really, all a fella needs IMO
There was a very similar collection recently liquidated on GunBroker. They were listed as new unfired, but they did not have boxes and hang tags. The fact that yours do will increase the value to any serious collector by a minimum of 20 to 25%. I see top dollar for yours likely $1500 to $2500 per. I’ll link some of the completed featherweight GB auctions from that seller for you.
Here's a couple of pics if they come thru (not too sharp on this computer stuff)

Attached picture #1.JPG
Attached picture DSCN2376.JPG
Thanks for the info
I am not opposed to a 16 hour road trip. smile
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959399292

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959402321

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959397921

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/958295904
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I'll take the 308 and 300 win pending prices and pics

As I said....
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
What is your wife's name?
Originally Posted by Rockman
Here's a couple of pics if they come thru (not too sharp on this computer stuff)

Sweet collection. A lot will depend on figure in the wood and cartridge it's chambered for. The one shown appears to be plain, but still worth quite a bit considering it is NIB. Like someone else already said, there is campfire value and gunbroker value. The early stainless walnut classics are a hot item. GLWS..
Posted By: Com45acp Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
Id be cautious guys.
Thanks for the links AK
Posted By: basdjs Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
Originally Posted by 160user
You still trying to parlay a trade for that left nut? 🌰 😂
Thanks for the links AK

Welcome. Hell of a neat collection.
Originally Posted by Com45acp
Id be cautious guys.

Always
Originally Posted by basdjs
You still trying to parlay a trade for that left nut? 🌰 😂

I would remove it myself with a broken Coke bottle for that 270 for sentimental reasons.
Rockman, clear out your PMs, or send me one.

He is a new member with 8 posts so he can't PM yet.
Posted By: hntr1 Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
Interested in the 22-250 and 243 when you come up with a price.
Posted By: tzone Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
I would give my left nut for the 270! Do you take trades? smile

So are you offering your left nut in trade? laugh
Posted By: tzone Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/13/22
I'm new to this, so please excuse any goof-ups. I have 7 Winchester classic stainless featherweights, all in original boxes, unfired, with hanging tags and lit. 1996 circa. 22-250, 243, 270, 308, 30-06, 7mm Mag, 300 Win Mag. Any ideas on value?

You're setting on $10k or better most likely. I would PM Redneck with this question. He'll know what they're worth most likely.
Originally Posted by tzone

You're setting on $10k or better most likely. I would PM Redneck with this question. He'll know what they're worth most likely.

He is a new member with 8 posts so he can't PM yet.
The 06 is worth about $200. In keeping with the spirit of Christmas, I'll go $250. Where should I send a check?
Originally Posted by cisco1
What is your wife's name?

That made my day....lol.....
You probably missed the price-peak window but I’m curious about the 30–06. Feel free to PM me if you settle on a price.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/14/22
Told you guys I'm new to this. What is a PM and where do I find them? I can figure out some of these abbreviations but others I don't have a clue. I don't text, seldom use a cell phone, and still use a camera to take pictures. So bear with me. Thanks. To the guy who asked my wife's name, what the hell would that have to do with these guns? Besides she's not a featherweight.
Posted By: 160user Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/14/22
"PM" means "Private Message". Once you get your post count up, a flashing little envelope will appear at the top right corner of your screen next to your username letting you know you have an unread private message.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/14/22
Rockman:
Please Email me at [email protected]
I would like to reply to your original post and questions.
Thanks, Tom
Told you guys I'm new to this. What is a PM and where do I find them? I can figure out some of these abbreviations but others I don't have a clue. I don't text, seldom use a cell phone, and still use a camera to take pictures. So bear with me. Thanks. To the guy who asked my wife's name, what the hell would that have to do with these guns? Besides she's not a featherweight.

Sorry didn’t mean to sound chippy. Seriously tho - your ‘06 would interest me depending on price.

Private Messages can be accessed after you have more posts.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/14/22
Thanks for all the interest. Just to clarify, the guns, literature, and tags are all in new condition. Some of the boxes are a little rough although they have stood up better than I have for the last 26 yrs. The walnut stocks are as new, but with no particular fancy grain.
Contact me - doughoyne12801 at gmail dot com
Posted By: selmer Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/15/22
I'd give my right nut for that .30-06 for the same reason as 160user - sentimental reasons. Between the two of us you'd have a full extra pair! Seriously though, it's my unicorn rifle to get back. I bought one new for $600 when I was 16. A reloading mishap (double charged cast bullet load is my best guess) literally took it apart in my hands. Then we started adopting kids and there was no way I could afford getting another one. I killed so many deer with that rifle. I've been looking for one since. I'd double clockwork_7mm's offer and go $500! laugh
Would you humor me and send .30-06 photos to [email protected]? Maybe we can work out a price if you're open to selling that way.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/15/22
PM`d you.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/15/22
Bump
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/15/22
Thanks for everybody's opinions, estimates, and thoughts. I've settled on a price of $1650 each plus shipping. Apparently, I can't get any PMs yet because I haven't been on here long enough. Post an email address if you're interested and I'll get back with you. (the 308 & 300WM are sold)
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/16/22
Bump
Posted By: selmer Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/16/22
GLWS. My unicorn is going to have to get away this time. They're worth what you're asking and I've no doubt you'll get it. If I lived in a state where I could use it for deer hunting I would figure out a way to fund it. But I don't. So I'll bump it and go cry in my room. smile
I'm here in Wyoming - Love to see them when the weather clears up.
I'm interested in the .270 and .22-250 email me at:
taylorce1@yahoo.com
Posted By: SU35 Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/16/22
Send pics to [email protected]
What a collection, wow!
Yeah, the weather's great. We just got almost 11" a couple days ago here in Riverton. I can show them to you anytime, just let me know.
The .270, .308, and .300 Win. Mag are all spoken for. Still have the .22-250, .243, .30-06, and 7MM Mag. Damn, this is like losing old friends!
Someone stole the 308.
grin

Do you have any pics of the 30/06 grain?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Someone stole the 308.
grin

You and selmer are going to be fighting over that one.. ha ha..
I have some interest as well. Really want to see what others you are selling.

[email protected]
AK here's a couple. I can't seem to get more 2 pics at a time. Emails work much better for me.

Attached picture DSCN2486.JPG
Attached picture DSCN2488.JPG
Posted By: Teeder Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/16/22
Glad I swore off winchesters.
Fun watching the feeding frenzy though!
Originally Posted by Teeder
Glad I swore off winchesters.
Fun watching the feeding frenzy though!

You and me both.
Posted By: selmer Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Someone stole the 308.
grin

If I were ten years down the road I would have bought it already. As of right now, I just can't justify buying it with four of five kids still in the house, one in college, one going to college next year, and the other three in 2nd grade and twins in 4 y/o preschool. Living in Iowa, I would have no current use for it and no opportunity to travel to hunt. Plus I have dad's M70 .30-06. It's a very different model than this one, but with plenty of sentiment attached to it. Some day I'll get one. I wish it could be this one, but I've made enough foolish financial decisions based in emotion to know that this is not the right one at this time. Some day
Posted By: selmer Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
AK here's a couple. I can't seem to get more 2 pics at a time. Emails work much better for me.

Beautiful. I am still convinced that configuration is the prettiest factory rifle I've ever seen, though I'm normally partial to wood/blued. I drooled over it at the gun shop in 1995 and I'm still drooling over it now.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
Selmer, hope your some day comes soon. If I were 10 years younger I wouldn't part with these! Love it here in Wyoming, even this morning (-14 and 10" of snow on the ground).
Posted By: Huntz Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
Originally Posted by selmer
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Someone stole the 308.
grin

If I were ten years down the road I would have bought it already. As of right now, I just can't justify buying it with four of five kids still in the house, one in college, one going to college next year, and the other three in 2nd grade and twins in 4 y/o preschool. Living in Iowa, I would have no current use for it and no opportunity to travel to hunt. Plus I have dad's M70 .30-06. It's a very different model than this one, but with plenty of sentiment attached to it. Some day I'll get one. I wish it could be this one, but I've made enough foolish financial decisions based in emotion to know that this is not the right one at this time. Some day
Wanting it is all the justification you need.The kid in college needs to get a part time job and pay his own way.A couple months of Ramen noodles never killed anybody. grin
Posted By: basdjs Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
I heard some guy in the upper midwest just put his right nut on Craigslist for $1650! Could be just a rumor! 😁
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/17/22
bump
Posted By: TimZ Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
Tried to send a PM but you are over the limit, can you post what’s left and the prices pls?
Originally Posted by longshot3631
Welcome to the forum. Are you trying to sell on the fire or just get a price? I think that’ll help us determine a value. There is a fire price and a Gunbroker price.

Lets Say Your Gun IS Worth a Real $1000, The FIRE Price will be $425 to $575, Gun Broker will be $1200. The LOW Fire Price is
What 25 percent of the Guys on the Fire Want to PAY, THAN THEY BRAG ABOUT THE ''GREAT SNAG'' THEY MADE!

Dirty Harry
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
22-250, 243, 30-06, 7mm Mag. $1650 each plus shipping. Thanks for your interest.
Originally Posted by dirtyharry
Originally Posted by longshot3631

Lets Say Your Gun IS Worth a Real $1000, The FIRE Price will be $425 to $575, Gun Broker will be $1200. The LOW Fire Price is
What 75 percent of the Guys on the Fire Want to PAY, THAN THEY BRAG ABOUT THE ''GREAT SNAG'' THEY MADE!

Dirty Harry

It's more like selling to friends here. I don't hear much bragging going on about the so called excellent deals people get here. There are generally much better deals out in the mom and pop gunshops than there is here. However, the deals are decent here because no one wants to look like a di ck screwing guys over on prices. I've sold a few rifles here to some buddies, but when I want more money, I put them on gunbroker. Just how it is.. What I see with this thread is the OP does not know what they are worth. Placing the same price on each rifle. Some may be worth his asking price and others, not so much. You want to see someone bragging about deals he's got, check out the guy that bought a nice stainless classic walnut with a $350.00 silver Leupold on top and only paid $500 for the rifle. Just sayin..
Posted By: TimZ Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
Pics of the’06 and 7 mag to [email protected] please.

Thanks
Posted By: T4HALO Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
I’ve sold 3 different rifles here that were posted on gunbroker a week later.

T4
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
I try to stick to the theory that it doesn't matter what you ask, anything & everything is only worth what somebody will pay for it.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/18/22
I try to stick to the theory that it doesn't matter what you ask, anything & everything is only worth what somebody will pay for it.

That’s a fact!
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/19/22
bump
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/19/22
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/21/22
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/22/22
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/25/22
TTT
Up for a Merry Christmas Dana!!!
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 12/30/22
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/01/23
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/02/23
The .270 has been sent off. Haven't heard anything from the .308 & .300 WM buyer lately so they are still available.
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/08/23
.308 gone
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/17/23
up
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/20/23
7mm Rem. Mag. gone. .22-250, .243, .30-06, .300WM still available
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/24/23
ttt
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/25/23
Off to GB.
I’ll reach out separately on the 30-06
Really wish I held off on buying a 308 XTR featherweight recently. Beautiful collection sir!
Originally Posted by fishhunt03
Really wish I held off on buying a 308 XTR featherweight recently. Beautiful collection sir!

Get ahold of me if you want to part with the 308.
.308 gone

I bought the .308 from Rockman and am extremely happy with the gun. I would not hesitate to do business with him again. Many thanks Rockman!
Posted By: tzone Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/25/23

If you want to sell it let me know.
Originally Posted by tzone

If you want to sell it let gunnut308 know

🤣
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 01/26/23
Thanks John, a pleasure.
Rockman - PM sent
Posted By: Rockman Re: Featherweight Price Check - 02/03/23
Removed
© 24hourcampfire