Home
Posted By: dirtyharry Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
JUST WANT TO PUT THIS OUT THEIR!

My Mail Delivery Started back up yesterday, first in 7 days.
A LOT of you guys might have similar conditions. IF YOU bought stuff
from Me, be patient, the items ''WILL SHIP'' as soon as payment shows up!

Dirty Harry
Posted By: 160user Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Between the storms and the Holidays, I didn't list much until today.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Most of my packages have been delayed due to weather or holidays. No big deal as long as they show up at some point.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
I didn’t get mail but twice, last week. Monday and Saturday. Yesterday was the first delivery since Saturday…
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
I guess the PO is forgetting their motto.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
The new usps motto is "no trail, no mail"! Lol!
Posted By: old_willys Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Had no mail Monday due to weather and 5 delayed packages from Amazon showed up today....
Posted By: Single_Shot Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Originally Posted by old_willys
Had no mail Monday due to weather and 5 delayed packages from Amazon showed up today....

Monday was a holiday for USPS. No mail. Same thing next Monday for New Years Day.

That said my friend just got a priorty letter that sat in Dallas for 3 weeks on it's way from Corpus Christi to PA. I've had lots of priority tracked mail take over a week, and my work send a check from Pittsburgh to my house (20 miles) on the 19th that still isn't here. Never use USPS unless you have to.
Posted By: TonyRumore Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
The USPS Sorting hub here in Tulsa runs a FISH system. First-In, Still-Here.

Tony
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
I’ve had pretty good luck with USPS here. I traded for some bullets, they left OR on the 27th and arrived in Syracuse today. I’ll probably have them tomorrow. Must have been a good tail wind. I don’t want to jinx myself but I regularly get items a day early.
Posted By: Fxs Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Monday was their holiday.
Posted By: Woodpecker Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

Dean knows all too well about USPS failures. Shipped him a set of dies on the 20th and they went into the black hole called Chicago and to date are somewhere other than Dean’s hands. My second loss in Chicago. I lost a scope last year never to be seen again. Not looking forward to another claim with these morons as it’s time consuming and very difficult to deal with them

Rick
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Any interstate shipping is very delayed right now.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/29/22
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I guess the PO is forgetting their motto.

That’s not all they forgot. What an incompetent organization.

I sent a member here a gun stock on 12/21. Was originally scheduled to arrive 12/24.
It was scanned 30 miles from my house 12/26.
Nothing since.
So eight days and zero results.
I sent to the PO couple hours ago to see if they could help.
What was I thinking!
Posted By: Dinny Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by Woodpecker

Dean knows all too well about USPS failures. Shipped him a set of dies on the 20th and they went into the black hole called Chicago and to date are somewhere other than Dean’s hands. My second loss in Chicago. I lost a scope last year never to be seen again. Not looking forward to another claim with these morons as it’s time consuming and very difficult to deal with them

Rick

I lost an expensive gun in Chicago earlier this year. I'm grateful. It was almost "lost 2 expensive guns" but one was recovered with only slight damages. UPS, not USPS.
Posted By: Single_Shot Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by Woodpecker

Rick

I've lost a package in St. Louis in 2020 and 2021 during the holiday season for weeks both times. I didn't send or get anything USPS this year other than some maple syrup from Danny on here. The syrup, thankfully, made it.
Posted By: 160user Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
This is why I don't list or ship anything in December. The risk of loss or damage goes WAY up.
Posted By: 79S Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
I sent a box out on the 27th it went from wasilla to Anchorage here’s the best part the USPS sent the box to Fairbanks?? The box final destination is Montana.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
Mailed a rifle to a fellow 24CF member Dec 1. It delivered Dec 20 following a missing mail search. There was profuse sweating on both ends.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
The dies Woodpecker is referring to are "out for delivery, awaiting delivery scan" according to the tracking number. That's it for multiple days now. I went to my post office yesterday about it and they wrote it all down and said they'd get back to me in 24 to 48 hours, so I guess we'll see. Overall, I've had good success with the post office, some things have really taken time to get delivered, but in the end, packages have been delivered.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
+-

This fit's them good.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Mail Deliverys - 12/30/22
Shipped 5 packages Tuesday, 2 delivered yesterday a day earlier than expected, 1 out for delivery today, on time, and 2 across the country to Oregon, due tomorrow, we'll see......

If possible I will use the USPO, just have had good service....
© 24hourcampfire