Home
This is a Remington 700 Compact Tactical XCR in 223. Rifle has a 1-9 twist, and a 20 inch fluted barrel. I bought it new, have shot it around a 100 times, and it is in very good condition. The heaviest bullets I tried were the 60's weight bullets, and the rifle shot them very well. I thought I wanted a heavy barrel 223, but I just do not use it, and it's too nice to become a safe queen. This rifle has a factory B&C stock, TriNyte finish on the metal, and a 40-X trigger. It will come in the original factory box. I'll take $1200, plus actual shipping and insurance. This is for the rifle ONLY, the scope, rings and bases are not included. More pics upon request.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
James,

Does it have a shorter LOP, given it’s called a compact?

Thanks,
Tim
These are great rifles. I had one in .308 that was very accurate. I wish I hadn't sold it.
TimZ, Mine in .308 did not have a shorter LOP.
Originally Posted by eblake
TimZ, Mine in .308 did not have a shorter LOP.

Correct. It has a standard LOP.
P.m. sent
Nice rifle. In case anyone is wondering that is an HS precision stock.

I almost bought one a while back but didn’t have the approval from the War Dept. at home. She wanted a vacation instead.

Ended up getting the FN TSR in .223 at a gun show not long after at a good price. It to is in a similar situation as yours and just sits in the safe barely used.

GLWS!
Forgot to add...........will ship only to an FFL, and they must accept from a non FFL.
Thanks gents
ttt
Cool gun
Weight and barrel length?
Hot off the press via Google and a Rem website.

Manufacturer: Remington: (800) 243-9700; Remington.com
Caliber: .308 Win. (tested), .223 Rem.
Capacity: 4 (.308 Win), 5 (.223 Rem.)
Action: Bolt action
Receiver: 416 stainless steel
Barrel: 20-inch, stainless steel with TriNyte finish
Rifling: 1:12 (.308 Win.); 1:9 (.223 Rem.)
Magazine: Internal box magazine with floorplate
Sights: None, drilled and tapped receiver
Trigger Pull: 3 pounds
Stock: Bell and Carlson, aramid-fiber reinforced composite
Overall Length: 393⁄4 inches
Weight: 7 1⁄2 pounds
Suggested Retail Price: $1,434
Originally Posted by Larsline
Hot off the press via Google and a Rem website.

Manufacturer: Remington: (800) 243-9700; Remington.com
Caliber: .308 Win. (tested), .223 Rem.
Capacity: 4 (.308 Win), 5 (.223 Rem.)
Action: Bolt action
Receiver: 416 stainless steel
Barrel: 20-inch, stainless steel with TriNyte finish
Rifling: 1:12 (.308 Win.); 1:9 (.223 Rem.)
Magazine: Internal box magazine with floorplate
Sights: None, drilled and tapped receiver
Trigger Pull: 3 pounds
Stock: Bell and Carlson, aramid-fiber reinforced composite
Overall Length: 393⁄4 inches
Weight: 7 1⁄2 pounds
Suggested Retail Price: $1,434

Thanks for posting that. Should answer most questions
I've got one of these that I bought when they 1st came out. It's been an outstanding little rifle.

My normal loads are Nosler 55BTs for varmints and Sierra 69 OTMs or TMKs for ringing steel.
ttt
ttt
THAT IS ONE VERY DESIRABLE RIFLE! My shooting friend had one, he was a big Remington 700 man. He really liked shooting that rifle. He liked the 40X trigger on it. Somebody will be getting a good rig here. Wish I had room for it.
Why do I keep coming back to this ad????
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Because you need to buy it!
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

You better hurry up, I'm starting to get cold feet.
ttt
ttt
In case someone in the audience doesn't know the details, the 700 XCR Compact Tactical (and Long Range Tactical) were introduced with the 40-X trigger like the one here. The post by Larsline indicates a 3 pound trigger pull. The 40-X trigger is externally adjustable, and it will go down to about 1.5 pounds if I remember right. Later production came with some variation of the X-Mark trigger which nobody cares for very much. So the rifle here is the more desirable version.
Mathman is right on with the trigger, these versions had a “good” trigger, I have one in this configuration that had the X-mark trigger. You can turn and turn the adjustment for trigger pull and never changes from poor. In addition to the trigger these XCRs had very good barrels, upon inspection with a bore scope it is tough to tell the difference from a good quality custom barrel.
Bump up to and good luck with the sale or tucking it back in the safe…there is only one that you will regret😂.
Kyle
SPF. I will probably regret selling this, but I have too many rifles that I don't shoot, and either need to make room or buy another safe.
© 24hourcampfire