Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Local shop has a Winchester 71 at a decent price and thinking of letting this one go to fund the buy.

Rebore by JES , 18.5 inch barrel and had irons installed. Sits in a nice Bergara synthetic stock. Comes with dies, brass and bullets. I honestly have no idea of what to expect for price or what to ask if I put it up for sale.
It's a cute little booger. How does it shoot?
Shoots very well, I mostly feed it heavy bullets, 220 speers and 250 sierras
I bought my rebore off here for like $625 last year in 358.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-700-358-win-sold-sold-sold#Post16950323

Granted he did not want it.
Interested. Pics for evaluation.
I have a 700 in 358 Win. Shoots great. Reads like the scope isn't included. Is this the stock?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266116790202

There's another for $85 w/o the bottom metal. Those look like factory Remington sights, so no change there.
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Rebore by JES , 18.5 inch barrel and had irons installed. Sits in a nice Bergara synthetic stock. Comes with dies, brass and bullets. I honestly have no idea of what to expect for price or what to ask if I put it up for sale.

New ADL .308 $550
New SPS .308 $650
JES rebore .358 Win $300
Cut & recrown barrel $70
New B&C sporter stock $360
D&T for sights $100
Factory takeoff sights $70 +/-

You're looking at $1500 +/- to build something similar. So I'd say somewhere betwen 30-40% less just for your rifle. Then add in your components.
I know I won't get what I put into it, any custom you have that's the reality of it.
The irons are not factory, I had them installed on an sps. Forgot to mention the entire action and barrel are duracoated flat black.
I can’t speak about your rifle’s value but you’ll be happy to have that 71 once you get your hands on it.
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
I know I won't get what I put into it, any custom you have that's the reality of it.
The irons are not factory, I had them installed on an sps. Forgot to mention the entire action and barrel are duracoated flat black.

I didn't figure the sights were factory, but you can pick up a set of Remington 700 factory take-off sights of eBay or GB for $70 or less. Duracoat is $60 for a DIY kit matte black. Also realize a guy can buy a brand new Bergara Ridge with 18" barrel and have basically your build for $1100 after rebore minus the sights. That's the reality you'll have to compete with.
I'm thinking $750 to $1,150 depending on how fast you want to sell
Should be worth $1,000
I'm getting a number in mind, need to inventory what I have In components once I get home tonight then I'll put up a separate listing. Thanks for the input gents, much appreciated.

MM
I would say $750-800 for the rifle.
Not sure myself, bit there's a lot to like there. 700-800 maybe?
Dammit....I mean free bump
Went back to re-inspect the 71 today to be sure I was willing to put my 358 up on the chopping block. Came to the conclusion it was not in as good condition as I hoped and the seller was not willing to move on price. Also got some good advice from friendly member with more knowledge than I do on 71's and their value. so for now I'm going to going to hold onto my little 358 thumper. Thanks for the input and the interest.

MM
My 71 was rough when I got it. Al Siegrist rust blued it and now it looks great. Sure the collector value may have been diminished but I don't care. It's a multi-generational rifle now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Dammit Dinny, keep it off the wood pile and maybe you won’t have refinish it again.

Seriously, that is s very nice rifle even after the refinish
© 24hourcampfire