Home
Posted By: hallb PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
I have a Browning BL-22 with serial number 69B14262 which from what I gather is 1969 production in Japan, first year to make them. It has the patent pending mark and is labeled for 22 short, long and long rifle. The wood has some marks on it that have to be safe scuffs but it is very high quality and glossy finish. I don't know whether I want to sell it or keep it, I don't shoot it, it's a safe court jester...maybe I should be shooting it.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, please move if so.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: hanco Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
You might check GunBroker
Posted By: hallb Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
Originally Posted by hanco
You might check GunBroker

Yeah, gunbroker tells me anywhere from $400 to $2400 so I figured I'd ask the smart people on here!
If you ever decide to give it a face lift I know a guy that has new woods sets.
One for sale locally at $550 and getting minimal attention.
Originally Posted by skfullen
One for sale locally at $550 and getting minimal attention.

Thanks. I will just throw it back in the safe that is what it's looking like! I bought some 22 short back when I got it maybe I need to blast some squirrels in my backyard to make me feel like I'm getting my worth out of it!

Hall
I like it, at a fair price. I had one, a very accurate, fun, and short throw plinker.
Safe queen?
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Safe queen?

You got 9k posts on here and don’t know what that term means? Doesn’t have anything to do with looks or condition, thanks for your helpful comment though.
I'm pretty sure muleshoe knows what safe queen means. Looking at the pictures you posted, I'd say it isn't a safe queen, it's beat to chit. I have many safe queens and they look like they are new.
450-475
Safe queen just means it sits in the safe. Have you looked at pictures of any past queens lately? This gun is a beauty compared to them…and it’s far from beat to chit but I get you are just defending your bud.

Also thanks for those that have helpful responses I will just put the safe queen back in the safe and take it in the woods next time I go.
You can buy a brand new one for 650
Originally Posted by Rodney482
450-475
This
Posted By: nugget Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
That looks like a truck gun
350-500 depending on how bad someone wants it
Originally Posted by hallb
I don't shoot it, it's a safe queen...

If you don't shoot it, you could use it to bust up more cinder blocks......
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Safe queen?

You got 9k posts on here and don’t know what that term means? Doesn’t have anything to do with looks or condition, thanks for your helpful comment though.

It’s always been my understanding that the connotation is pristine condition; i.e. never leaves the safe so “like new.”
Posted By: JonS Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
I hope mine don't look like that after floating down the river when I flipped my raft shooting prairie dogs.
Ya'll are funny, it's actually not that bad in person. I've already had PMs of offers more than what some of you all are saying it's worth, but it's just going back in the safe to get some more dings on it. Thanks fellas.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Wow, tough crowd!
Originally Posted by Blackbird69
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Wow, tough crowd!

This isn’t hunttalk.

smile
Posted By: ken158 Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
Just a shooter grade with all those marks… $300 for a quick sale, $450 if you just want to show people you own it.
Posted By: JTod Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
I think we can all agree that a "safe queen" is a pristine example of a firearm that sees little to no use which is what keeps it pristine.

I have a couple pre-production 1968 BL22's with hand engraved serial numbers on the barrel rather than the receiver, they have French walnut stocks which appear darker and redder than the American Walnut that followed. Can't tell what you have, might be French Walnut. If it was mint I think a 69 rifle would bring a premium. I wouldn't set either of my 68's free for less than four figures which means I'll be happy to keep them ;-)
Originally Posted by JTod
I think we can all agree that a "safe queen" is a pristine example of a firearm that sees little to no use which is what keeps it pristine.

I have a couple pre-production 1968 BL22's with hand engraved serial numbers on the barrel rather than the receiver, they have French walnut stocks which appear darker and redder than the American Walnut that followed. Can't tell what you have, might be French Walnut. If it was mint I think a 69 rifle would bring a premium. I wouldn't set either of my 68's free for less than four figures which means I'll be happy to keep them ;-)

No, we don't all agree on that definition...since when did the term "queen" mean pristine. Most of the queens I've ever seen over the years were fugly and rundown. If you google, you will see plenty of folks agree that a safe queen is just a gun that spends all it's time in a safe and not getting used. Sorry I didn't adhere to the 24hourcampfire buddy gang dictionary, I will do better going forward.
It’s hardly a 24 hour buddy gang thing, but carry on. Obviously there’s room for interpretation/connotation. English language is fluid.

Posted By: JTod Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
The wood has some marks on it that have to be safe scuffs

Lol, what else do you keep in your safe? Wildcats? Running weedeaters and commercial blenders?
Originally Posted by JTod
The wood has some marks on it that have to be safe scuffs

Lol, what else do you keep in your safe? Wildcats? Running weedeaters and commercial blenders?

Lol lol lol lol lol...yes. Ok, ya'll have fun I'm gonna stop responding.
This is a great thread! some funny stuff posted for sure!
I would say 300.00-450.00. It is a grade 1. A grade 2 has engraving, gold trigger, and checkered wood. the grade 2 seems to bring a substantial premium over the grade 1's.
They are great shooters! The short(33 degree?) lever throw with the integral trigger is the Cat's azz........
I have 2 Grade 2's and love them!
Originally Posted by nugget
That looks like a truck gun
Looks like a pull behind the truck gun
He was thinking queen looked more like this:

Attached picture download.jpg
Posted By: slh123 Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
Any of y'all that have one for sale in that $300-350 range that y'all keep posting, shoot me a pm. I'm a buyer.
Looks more like a safe whore!
Posted By: ken158 Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/22/23
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It’s hardly a 24 hour buddy gang thing, but carry on. Obviously there’s room for interpretation/connotation. English language is fluid.

Exactly and to further the safe queen definition it is a gun you cherish so much and keep so pristine the heirs will get a good price for it at the yard sale after you are gone!

Or this:
Y’all are just helping to prove my point with all the fugly queen pics 😂. Dangit I just couldn’t help myself but to respond again. I also edited my original post to use more proper medieval terminology for anyone confused. Ah well at least I’m getting my post count up I’m sure most of you would still accept my money if you were selling a safe queen.

Or this:
He didn't say it was a "safe drag queen"!

Or this:

No, but others mentioned that it looked like it had been dragged, so I figured I might as well make the jump to hyperspace.

🤣
Don't think you will find one for 300 any time soon. Been a long winter I needed some humor.

Or this:

No, but others mentioned that it looked like it had been dragged, so I figured I might as well make the jump to hyperspace.

🤣
Makes sense, I like your logic.
Here is one in similar condition you can watch and see what it brings

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/976141655
That's a nice 22! And HallB, don't let these faaggs bother you! This is what they do when they don't have a dick in their mouth.
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
That's a nice 22! And HallB, don't let these faaggs bother you! This is what they do when they don't have a dick in their mouth.

GFY, dumb azz!
Posted By: MPat70 Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/23/23

Or this:
Or this 👇🏻
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

GFY, dumb azz!

I did already! But I wasn't near as good as I thought I'd be.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Here is one in similar condition you can watch and see what it brings

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/976141655

My untrained eye says that’s in much better condition; but certainly one to watch.

Agree 💯... I've never seen a free for all classified like this. Like a bunch of jackals piling on. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way...but well said Colorado
Originally Posted by Tommy_guns

Agree 💯... I've never seen a free for all classified like this. Like a bunch of jackals piling on. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way...but well said Colorado

How was this a classified?

It was a price check. If it was an actual ad with price, little of the extraneous would be here.

Say hi to mom.
Posted By: JTod Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/23/23
Post would have garnered zero negative attention had he not described it as a "safe queen" and claimed that four inch long scratches through the wood finish were "safe scuffs".
Wildcats & weedeaters still has me 😅
Originally Posted by Tommy_guns

Lighten up Francis
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Wildcats & weedeaters still has me 😅
Some kinky [bleep] going on in that safe!
Posted By: hallb Re: PRICE CHECK: Browning BL-22 - 03/23/23
I got thick skin doesn't really bother me, but it really just shows what a bunch of dicks there are on this site. I just don't think "safe queen" means a pristine gun...obviously some on here feel very strongly in their meaning of the phrase. Posted the same thing on a local forum and not one single comment was made about it, in fact another thread was brought up discussing safe queens and multiple people referred to guns that were not pristine as their safe queens. Must be all the yankees on here. Also, I edited the OP a while back to "safe court jester" to make everyone feel better about it.
It might be that this forum is used extensively and some people have used this posting to entertain both themselves and me. Not so sure what the NY Yankees have to do with it?
It’s been educational. I did not know there was such variability in the interpretation of “safe queen.”
© 24hourcampfire