Home
I HAVE A NEW ADDRESS SO BEFORE YOU SEND FUNDS, PM ME PLEASE

.................................38 Special Standard Pressure 148 Grain Wadcutter ammo.........................................

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Friends,

I am doing a run of Standard Pressure .38 Special Wadcutter ammo.

This was in response to a few customers who wanted a more sedate round for their J Frames, as well as for a round with less recoil than the heavy + P carry loads.

Like all the ammo sold, these are sold in 100 round increments.

I have 10-100 round boxes ready to go.

This was produced in new Starline brass and features a 148 grain full wadcutter.

Velocity in a 4" K Frame is 828 FPS.

Price includes shipping and insurance.

It is $100 for 100 rounds, or $200 for 200 rounds to your door, which after S&I works out to about $40 per box of 50.

Post the amount you want followed with a PM, so I can keep track please.

I take Venmo, USPS Money order, or checks (once cleared by the bank). I do not take paypal.

Again I have 10-100 round boxes ready to go.

You have to be 21 since it is handgun ammo. Will only ship to places where legal and it is your responsibility to know your local laws. No shipping to restricted states or jurisdictions. CONUS only, and I do not ship to, MA, NY, DC, CT, CA or other locations with restrictions.

BEFORE YOU SEND A PM, READ THE FAQS PLEASE.

FAQs/Answers to FAQs

YES, I am a licensed manufacturer of ammunition.
NO, These are not "re-loads" this is new manufactured ammunition, using new components.
NO, I am not interested in trades of old brass.
NO, for a multitude of reasons I do not disclose what powder types or amounts are used in the manufacturing of the ammunition.
NO, I am not currently producing any rifle ammunition.
NO, returns of ammunition are not accepted. Know what you are ordering, before you order.

Thanks!
UP
UP
UP
I'll take 100 rnds.
Sending you a PM
You got it!

9-100 round boxes left
UP
UP
Up
UP
UP
UP
Great pics on your website

Bump
TTT

Hardcast?
Thank You smile

UP
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Great pics on your website

Bump

Thank you I appreciate that!

Originally Posted by 308ld
TTT

Hardcast?

Yes they are hardcast.
UP
UP
UP
UP
UP
UP
BUMP
Any chance you are going to be in the Billings region any time?
Not planning on it.
That’s the funniest picture I have ever seen. I can’t stop laughing. Consider this a bump on the best ammo available for defensive carry in J frames.
Thanks MT!

That picture cracks me up. laugh

When I read them out loud I just start laughing, especially "Beaker" and "Confused Pete"..

Thank you in reference to the wadcutters. A good hardcast wadcutter has always been a reliable and consistent performer out of a snubby. They simply work and work well.
6-100 round boxes left!
Mackay - to about what range do wadcutters stay stable?
I've heard, in the past, around 50 yards, but never set out to see for myself.
It depends on a few things such as velocity and weight, but 50 yards is a good general rule of thumb. Semi wadcutters perform far better at long distances, and I have shot hard cast SWCs at targets hundreds of yards out, walking the shots in, using a spotter. There are actually some loading techniques that aid in producing better results when it comes to long distance handgunning.

Here is a pic of shooting a 5" Model 29 out to (I think) 450 or 500 yards. It was a dry reservoir bed and we lined up pieces of wood about every 50 yards past 300 yards or so. RJM1952 was with me, and we were calling each others shots.

And this is Horse Heaven pass on Idaho's Pahsimeroi Valley of Elmer Keith fame. RJM and I were doing some LR shooting there as well. Plus I have done a good bit of Jackrabbit/varmint handgunning there over the years.

And here is E. Keith a long, long time ago at the same place.

I will occaisionally use full wadcutters in my .44s, and with the wide, full caliber meplat definitely puts a smack down on pretty much anything it hits.

With the .38 Special It is probably the single most effective style of projectile for deep, straight penetration. It also does a heck of a job on small game. I have popped a lot of jacks using .38 Wadcutters and it definitely does a number on them.

If you want to get good with a J Frame, use one for small game hunting.

Hope some of this is useful if not at least entertaining.
Our jack numbers have been quite low for a long time, now.
We may have quite a few this year, but I'm hoping the grass gets too tall to see them - may well have been the same last year.
We had the best year for pasture I've seen in a LONG time! Knee deep + grass, and I'm 6'1".
Yep,

Jack numbers are cyclic and it really depends on a number of factors, but hoping for a big bunch this winter. They make for a great escape from cabin fever and a reason to exercise outdoors after big game seasons close. Hiking through the deep snow in January and February chasing them can be a serious workout, but loads of fun.

I'll take 100 rounds. Please PM me with your new mailing address.

Thanks.
PM inbound smile
UP
UP
UP
UP
UP
UP
UP