Home
Posted By: T4HALO WWII bring back P38 w/holster - 04/10/23
This is a very nice May of 1944 P38 brought home by a WWII veteran. One magazine and properly marked holster from 42. The bore is very good. What’s the old saying, “fired twice and dropped once”. Nice piece of American history. $1200 + ship.

I might take a partial trade for a clean Beretta 82,86,85,87. Or Sig P230/232. Plus cash from you.

T4

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Up
Up
Ttt
who is the maker? CYQ?
CYQ = Spreewerk There were 3x as many Walther P38’s made.
That’s pretty cool.
Thanks
Posted By: Hook Re: WWII bring back P38 w/holster - 04/11/23
These are very cool. I have one that came to me from my brother in 3 pieces in a bag. I was able to figure out the problem and get it put together and shootable. Only then did I research it and get the lowdown It was built in the Walther factory the month before the US Army captured it and still has all matching serial numbers. It probably left the factory as a GI take home souvenir. It will stay in my safe until my brother's grandson reaches age and then given to him.

If this one has matching serail numbers, especially the magazines, and given the period holster, the deal should be very attractive to a collector. Good luck with the sale.

BTW, I had so much fun shooting this pistol, I bought me a post war P1 (same pistol with a slightly beefed up slide used by the German poslice depts and military) for my own use.
Did the guy who brought it back have any paperwork to go with it? That would add to its value.
He did not.
Very nice!

I love shooting my P38

GLWTS
Thanks
Up
Ho2 about serial numbers are they matching and serial # to msgazine
Serial numbers match. Magazine does not have a serial number.

Up
Up
$1150
Up
Up
Up
Ttt
Up
Ttt
Ttt