Home
This is a custom rifle assembled by Stuart Satterlee from a Husqvarna 1640 action in 30-06. Douglass Premium barrel, Timney trigger, Williams sights. I’m the second owner of the rifle. It was purchased here on the forum. Shot well for the first owner and has shot well for me. Performs great in the field but I have too many for this one to get out as much as it should. Rifle is coated in NP3 coating so it gives the appearance of a stainless Mauser rifle.

Would like to get $2500 for this rifle. Will also consider trades or partial trades for pre-64 or Classic Stainless Winchesters and Swarovski scopes. Particularly like to find a Swaro Z6 for another rifle being built by Mr. Satterlee.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice rifle!
I have several rifles built by Mr.Satterlee. One on a pre '64 M70 action and the other on a pre-war VZ-24 action. Both are superb and are real shooters. Highly recommended!
That thing looks great, any idea what stock it is? Looks like a m70 type saftey?
Looks like a Brown stock. Nice rig.
Sorry, a couple of details I left out. It’s a High Tech specialties (Bansner) stock. The barrel is Douglas’s Air Gaged grade. It is a 3 position safety.
Also, Leica is not included. Rifle only.
Wow! That seems really well done.
Couple of questions:

1. Is the barrel stainless or CM under the coating?
2. Barrel twist, length, and contour?
3. Weight?

Thanks
I’m not certain but I believe barrel is stainless. Do not know twist, but I shot 208 grain bullets through it and they performed well for me.

Barrel is 24”

Length of pull is 13.75”.

As it sits now with the Leica magnus on it and Talley detachable rings and bases, it weighs 9# 2 ounces.

The Leica is a heavy scope, 22 oz. So without scope I’m going to guess around 7.5 pounds.
Up again.
To the top
To the top
Have some interesting offers, but nothing done yet. Up for more eyes.
Up again
To the top
Up for fresh eyes. Don’t be afraid to make an offer.
That's a beautiful rifle. Wish I had something to trade you.
Originally Posted by bufaf
That's a beautiful rifle. Wish I had something to trade you.

Thank you. It’s a nice one. Feeds great and shoots accurately. If it wasn’t overly redundant in my collection and I didn’t need to spend some money elsewhere, it would be for sale.

That said, how about $2250 shipped?
Up to the top
To the top
To the top
Up to the top. This is a very nice rifle. All components and work is top notch. If you add the cost of buying all the pieces to recreate this package, you will see the value here.
To the top
To the top
Up to the top
Posted By: WMR Re: All weather Mauser style 30-06 - 09/23/23
Someone should buy this
Originally Posted by WMR
Someone should buy this

I agree, but it hasn’t happened yet. Up for new eyes.
To the top
To the top
To the top
Anybody watching football today and need a nice rifle?
Anyone watching the World Series need a nice rifle?
Up to the top
Anyone have a CZ 527, sako L461 or similar mini-Mauser rule action they would be interested in trading? Maybe a Kimber in 300 blackout?
Up again.
Posted By: tcp Re: All weather Mauser style 30-06 - 12/09/23
What is the barrel diameter at the muzzle? Looks like a great rifle but maybe a heavier contour barrel than I would choose.
Originally Posted by tcp
What is the barrel diameter at the muzzle? Looks like a great rifle but maybe a heavier contour barrel than I would choose.

.6775” It has enough meat it could make for a very interesting 9.3x62 or 35 Whelen project. Main downside to that plan is it would be a shame to rebore a rifle that shoots so well.

The weight is distributed well for shooting, both off hand and from a stand window. The main time the barrel weight is noticeable is when it is slung on the shoulder. The stock is light so the weight sits on top of your shoulder rather than hangs.
Sent you a message
Up to the top
To the top
To the top
To the top
To the top
To the top
This is the rifle you need to make up for the one nobody got you for Christmas. Satterlee built and in 30-06.
Up again
Bump for the new year.
Go to the top
Anyone else froze in and looking for a rifle?
To the top.
Last bump for this. If you’ve seen it and thought it about, last chance on it before I go another direction with it.
© 24hourcampfire