Home
A friend in TX has Beretta Mato rifles in calibers 280 Rem, 30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag and 338. He's sell them for $1,250 each + shipping, but would make a deal for a buyer of all 5. If interested, shoot me a PM.
Well that's interesting. What part of the state?
He's in Argyle, out above Ft Worth.
These are great rifles. I had a 270 and it shot great. Just a little bigger and heavier than I liked….still should have kept it. Very accurate…consistently
Yes, I've had several of them. Their heft, accuracy and finish remind me of HS Precision rifles.
Had a .280 that shot slightly under an inch with factory 140 gr. ammo.

Another rifle I wish I hadn't sold.
I have owned a few and they all shot great just too heavy for my taste as I get older.
Yes, I'm not a fan of lightweight rifles. I find they're difficult to hold steady-to-aim. I guess that's why I like HS Precision, The Mato, Steyr SSGs, etc. I shoot them much better.
I am a fan of lightweight rifles but agree that they require diligent practice to shoot well.
Weren’t these Dakota 97 actions?
How much do these weigh in .338 win mag?
Originally Posted by Stix
Weren’t these Dakota 97 actions?
B
I don’t think they are Dakota action but they are a clone.
Not the OP, but previous ads list the 338 at 7.2 pounds.
donsm70
They are the Dakota 97 action, round body, cheaper to produce than the 76. They made them for Beretta for a very short time. An excellent all around rifle in a CRF action which is becoming rare these days.
Yes, an initial number of Matos actually used Dakota 97 actions and were marked as such, until Beretta hooked up with another manufacturer.
Maybe a few early ones but I know the ones I owned were not Dakota 97s.
Yes, mine were marked Beretta as well. I have seen at least one with the Dakota 97 marking.
The only difference I could tell is the recoil lugs on the Beretta vary slightly from the Dakota.
© 24hourcampfire